switching roms help. Important

Eschy

Reaction score
I recently got a friend rooted and running jrummys lithium mod, and although it is a good rom it just isnt running right. So my question is I need to switch them over to sapphire because it seems more stable. My question is do you need to wipe when going from a source built frf01b to another source built frf01b

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I recently got a friend rooted and running jrummys lithium mod, and although it is a good rom it just isnt running right. So my question is I need to switch them over to sapphire because it seems more stable. My question is do you need to wipe when going from a source built frf01b to another source built frf01b

Make a backup 1st, then try with no wipe. If you have any issues, restore, wipe and reinstall.

Usually you do need to wipe though

OP
E

Eschy

Reaction score
thats what i was going to try the only problem is i am walking them through it and i am an 1 hour and a half away. And its a chick lol but ill give it a shot. Its pretty straight forward so i shouldnt get any hangups thanks though

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
thats what i was going to try the only problem is i am walking them through it and i am an 1 hour and a half away. And its a chick lol but ill give it a shot. Its pretty straight forward so i shouldnt get any hangups thanks though

Some of our best RS members are, as you say, "chicks".So don't doubt them too much.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

I've been doing exactly what Tallica recommends for about 8 months now. I only wipe 1) if going to a different os base (2.01 - 2.1, etc.) or 2) if after an install I encounter problems. I very, very infrequently encounter problems. Good luck.