1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

switching roms help. Important

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by Eschy, Aug 20, 2010.

1. Eschy

Eschy New Member

I recently got a friend rooted and running jrummys lithium mod, and although it is a good rom it just isnt running right. So my question is I need to switch them over to sapphire because it seems more stable. My question is do you need to wipe when going from a source built frf01b to another source built frf01b
  2. Tallica

Tallica Premium Member Premium Member

Make a backup 1st, then try with no wipe. If you have any issues, restore, wipe and reinstall.

Usually you do need to wipe though
  3. Eschy

Eschy New Member

thats what i was going to try the only problem is i am walking them through it and i am an 1 hour and a half away. And its a chick lol but ill give it a shot. Its pretty straight forward so i shouldnt get any hangups thanks though
  4. Tallica

Tallica Premium Member Premium Member

Some of our best RS members are, as you say, "chicks".So don't doubt them too much.
  5. DF Smod

DF Smod New Member

Agreed, never doubt the power and knowledge of a woman
  6. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad

I've been doing exactly what Tallica recommends for about 8 months now. I only wipe 1) if going to a different os base (2.01 - 2.1, etc.) or 2) if after an install I encounter problems. I very, very infrequently encounter problems. Good luck.