Switching phones on Verizon question?

jamjr74

Reaction score
I am a Verizon customer and have swapped my phone quite a few times over the last month or so. Ive tried the Nexus, Iphone and Maxx. Today I tried to activate my Iphone again and was told that I have reached my maximum data plan switches for this billing period and that i cant change phones again til next cycle! I have never heard of such a thing! Anyone else heard of this or know a way around it?

CBMGGM

Reaction score
Does not make sense to me either. Call VZW back and ask for tier 2 support. They should be able to allow you to reactivate the handset on your choice.

OP
jamjr74

jamjr74

Reaction score
Does not make sense to me either. Call VZW back and ask for tier 2 support. They should be able to allow you to reactivate the handset on your choice.

I know just seems weird. The rep I spoke with put me on with tech support and that's what they said. Not sure if it was tier 2 though.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Never heard that happening before, then again I never heard of anyone switching so often. Make up your mind man!

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've switched more than a few times in a given month, however it's been a couple of months now. Maybe they've changed it up with all of the new plan changes. Switching between the Nexus and Maxx shouldn't even show up on their radar, except for the device changing on your account. The only thing that could possibly change your plan is switching to/from the iPhone. Have you tried doing it via the website?

OP
jamjr74

jamjr74

Reaction score
I've switched more than a few times in a given month, however it's been a couple of months now. Maybe they've changed it up with all of the new plan changes. Switching between the Nexus and Maxx shouldn't even show up on their radar, except for the device changing on your account. The only thing that could possibly change your plan is switching to/from the iPhone. Have you tried doing it via the website?

jntdroid thanks. Maybe becaue i was changing between 4g and 3g plans? i am using a Maxx now but prefer the Nexus, if I buy one can I just put my current sim in it and not have to deal with activation?

StephenC

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto X (2nd Gen)
jamjr74 said:
jntdroid thanks. Maybe becaue i was changing between 4g and 3g plans? i am using a Maxx now but prefer the Nexus, if I buy one can I just put my current sim in it and not have to deal with activation?

Any Verizon 4G phone can be activated by simply swapping out your SIM card from the old phone to the new one. Gone are the days of calling *228.

Sent from my resurrected DROID RAZR that I rebuilt myself