1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Switching kernels

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by drpaul07, Sep 9, 2010.

1. drpaul07

drpaul07 Member

I'm currently using a slayher kernel 1.1 GHz with the interactive governor. I was streaming some music and the battery and cpu both got pretty hot pretty fast. Both in the lower 40s. And that was when it was only clocked to 600MHz. I'm sure it would've gotten a lot hotter if I had been OCing at the time. So I want to go back to my trusty chevy kernel.

I slightly modified the 20userinit file to get compcache to work. I was wondering, should I delete the line that I added? Or delete the whole file, and make the .bak file that was created active again? Or do I not have to change anything and just go ahead and install a chevy kernel?

Sent from my Droid