Switching gmail accounts

swaks16

Reaction score
My friend who is much more handy with the droid than i gave me his sd card and i used sprecovery to use one of his backups to get how his phone is now, unfortunately that gave me his gmail account and i cant seem to get rid of it without resetting to factory default which would delete everything (i think?) Is there any way i can swap our gmail accounts without me haveing to factory reset?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Have your tried deleting his account and re adding yours? If that did not work, back up the apps and do a reset.

OP
S

swaks16

Reaction score
Yes i have tried that but the main gmail account is his email so i would have to factory reset to get my email to be the main one. Im not worried about losing apps he has it rooted with bugless and themed by metamorph stuff thats way over my head that i do not want to lose

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Could you do a Titanium Backup, then switch back to your GMail account, then do a restore with Titanium Backup?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Vulcan is correct. Backup your apps (Titanium, MyBackupPro) do a wipe then reinstall a new or same rom and your apps. When you wipe you need to reenter your Gmail account info.

Mike