Switching G-mail acct questions....

moselbee

Reaction score
I have read several questions and comments about this, but none that actually answer my issue so if there is one I apologize in advance, if you have seen it OK know if its location, just point me there and I am happy to read it alll myself.

I have a moto droid, my husband and I had a business, this is the account that I used for my primary gmail account.We have separated, we are closing the business, hence I have no need for the account any longer and he changed the pw so I can't get into it, and its just childish games really. Problem is I have about 30 paid apps that I have got on my phone over the past 6 months. I am running a rooted system. I want to know if there is ANY WAY to move apps to the sd card, back up with paid software or whatever that I can change the primary gmail address without loosing the apps. Honestly if I could change the g-talk to my address and using the pw for the primary account wasn't important i would just leave in my list, but I can't seem to find a way to do the gtalk, and the pw is kind of important and he won't let me have it... kind of a jerk, hence a new husband... lol

If there is not, then I will just wipe, give my phone to my younger daughter and use the new one I bought that was used, but really just like new and start everything from scratch....

We have 3 droids total, two are rooted, one is not (yet)... I am flexible and willing to buy or try whatever I need to do if anyone has an answer...

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Your objective is sound, but I dont think anyone around here will help you copy paid apps to another account, there are too many unsavory people in the world who would abuse that ability. You'd have to contact Google about transferring the licenses, but I really dont know if they'll help you.

Good luck.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
30 paid apps at the most is 150.00. Divorce is costly, that's just going to have to be part of the expense. I'd wipe the phone and move on.

It's a shame people have to act so silly and vindictive.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
There's been a discussion recently about deleting the default account once you add a second one. I dont know if that will work, but if it did, you could split the difference. You'd lose the licenses, but still be able to retain the software.

OP
moselbee

moselbee

Reaction score
I have added a second account and turned off the sync on the orig account so that it didn't look for it. It will still not let me delete the original account says I have to do a reset. I didn't want to do anything until I had got some input to see if I could move the apps to my sd card or if i could back up some how that I was missing...

Childish is bad and it is annoying me, some of the apps i can' live without some of them i want but i am not wanting to repurchase (of course)... grrr to people not being about to be adult about stuff...

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Hook is correct. No discussion on DF about how to transfer paid apps between accounts is allowed.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk