Switching from liberty 2.0.1 to GB. 8?

TSXXX

Reaction score
I know this has probably been covered before but I can't seem to find the correct thread that explains it. I am just wanting to switch from my liberty froyo rom to liberty GB. Can someone please summarize the process for me, or point me to the right thread where it explains.

Sent from my Liberated Droid 2

saul1991

Reaction score
First: sbf using the link

Linux solution to your Windows/RSD lite problems

Second: root using z4 root
After that download the 2 zip files and place them in the root of you're sd card
Sorry couldn't find the link for the 2 files

Third: get into cw and flash the 2 zip files. First flash the first one then the second one with out leaving cw recovery.
(Make sure you use d2 bootstrapped as dx bootstraper seems to have problems)

And if you have done everything good you should be in rooted gb. You also have the option to flash the deodexed zip if you like.

Edit: found the link Official DX Gingerbread 2.3.3 (4.5.596) Release Thread - Something for everyone

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
TSXXX

TSXXX

Reaction score
So essentially, I just have to revert back to stock using sbf? I believe I already have the drivers and sbf on my laptop already.

saul1991

Reaction score
So essentially, I just have to revert back to stock using sbf? I believe I already have the drivers and sbf on my laptop already.

Yeah and just follow the other link, and make sure you follow the second patch to gb and you'll also need to flash deodexed version after your in rooted gb. After you have flashed all the files do a back up and search for the liberty gb v0.8 rom and flash it in cw using d2 bootstrapper.

tnygigles66

Reaction score
if you follow my link all you need to do is flash the single monster GB leak file, then flash to the nightly. If you're on Liberty froyo there is no need to sbf. you only need to sbf from GB to froyo.

tnygigles66

Reaction score
You're teaching him how to get to gingerbread on the Droid X. Was that your intention?

After that download the 2 zip files and place them in the root of you're sd card

Third: get into cw and flash the 2 zip files. First flash the first one then the second one with out leaving cw recovery.

And if you have done everything good you should be in rooted gb. You also have the option to flash the deodexed zip if you like.

Edit: found the link Official DX Gingerbread 2.3.3 (4.5.596) Release Thread - Something for everyone

Yeah and just follow the other link, and make sure you follow the second patch to gb and you'll also need to flash deodexed version after your in rooted gb. After you have flashed all the files do a back up and search for the liberty gb v0.8 rom and flash it in cw using d2 bootstrapper.

saul1991

Reaction score
You're teaching him how to get to gingerbread on the Droid X. Was that your intention?

His on liberty froyo trying to get to liberty gb im assuming he doesn't have the liberty toolbox donate

tnygigles66

Reaction score

His on liberty froyo trying to get to liberty gb im assuming he doesn't have the liberty toolbox donate

You don't need the donate toolbox, V8 is in the sticky section of the liberty forum section........

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
Don't you just need to instal LGB v.1 then go to v.8?
Or install that Monster GB leak.zip?

There really are several options for almost any ROM that have no need to SBF.

saul1991

Reaction score
Ohh alright but that's how I did from liberty 2.0.1 to the rooted gb then liberty v.06

D

dankarlinski

Download the monster GB zip. Download liberty 0.8
Boot to clockwork
Wipe data
Wipe cache
Wipe dalvik
Install monster gb from sd card
Install lgb 0.8 from sd
Reboot

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums