Switching from DroidMod --Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Pixelator, Apr 1, 2010.

1. Pixelator

Pixelator New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've only rooted once and followed the tutorial from this forum. I'm running DroidMod and am being told it's already outdated. I noticed my firmware is still 2.0.1. Basically I want 2.1, want to be able to keep all 5 homescreens, remove some of the crap (corporate calendar, etc..). I want to do this and OC, and do it all as easily as possible, but still use the best upgrade there is so far. So I'm asking kindly, where do I go from here? Thanks for any help at all from you pros. :)

2. jaw4bama

jaw4bama Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I would go with ROM manger in the app store. There is a free version but you only get one rom download. The premium verison lets you download what ever rom you want and you get OTA updates with it, its $3.99. The good thing about ROM manger is you can download the roms all on your phone and no pc required. If you are intrested in it, look it up in the forums. Remember, if you go with 2.1 you will be required to do a wipe of the system. PM me if you need help! -Jacob- P.S. A great ROM to use is Ultimate Droid, it ROCKS!!!

#2 jaw4bama, Apr 1, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2010
  3. mrdroid

mrdroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I went from DroidMod to BuglessBeast, to UltimateDroid, to CyanogenMod, back to UltimateDroid and at the moment I'm running a fresh 2.0.1 from the sbf. Now, repeat that cycle about 30 times... and that's where I've been.

4. bomber889

bomber889 Member

Ratings:
    +0
  5. Phillipsave

Phillipsave Member

Ratings:
    +0
    DroidMod is promising an update soon, they were just waiting for the official release of 2.1, that's what I'm doing.

6. tu3218

tu3218 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    well thats good to hear, droidmod 1.0 has been extremely stable and I'm not trying to do a clean wipe of my phone so lets hope for that update for droidmod!!

7. Jim 777

Jim 777 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +28
    I highly suggest you try AdamZ's Smoked Glass v6.0 ESE53. It's been flawless for me. Many options that you can choose from when setting it up and even though you have to "wipe your data" it's really not as bad of a transition as you'd think. Then, once you're on 2.1, if you want to change the installed options you chose, just do it again without wiping and it's a piece of cake!

8. Pixelator

Pixelator New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for all the suggestions guys. Droidmod has been very stable for me. I didn't realize that they are coming out with an update soon.

EDIT: I just read their site and it looks like they are changing their name too. It's going to be "NakedTrevMod". I don't like the new name at all. Wish they would stay with DroidMod. It looks better when booting the phone than "NakedTrevMod"... lol

Anyway I guess I'll wait like you guys and see how Droidmod goes with the 2.0 coming out.

9. Pixelator

Pixelator New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If I were to do this. What would you recommend for backing up my data and restoring it the easiest way possible?

10. Phillipsave

Phillipsave Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Pixel, the name change was an April 1 special.

11. Pixelator

Pixelator New Member

Ratings:
    +0

:r_c:
    OMG. Well at least they got someone with that one. I just read and saw where they said they are going to WindowsCE because Android is too closed source. LMAO!