Switching from BB

tchalm

Reaction score
Hi!
I've had a Droid4 for about 6 weeks now, and I have to admit that the love has not begun yet. My first Droid4 lasted three weeks and then died - completely - in one afternoon - it was all charged in the morning, but when I pulled it out my pocket it was a useless brick. Verizon replaced it but I've been taking it easy on adding apps that might run the battery down.

I had been using BB for 5 years, so there are things that I haven't figured out how to do yet. Such as...

Set all tones to silent leaving vibrate on in two clicks. Right now I go to the sound settings and slide all four sliders down individually, and sometimes it takes three tries to get a slider to move. There should be one click that turns all four off at once. And it doesn't look like SmartActions does that.

Increase the amount of vibrating for notifications. Right now, the vibrate is too short and not "loud" enough.

Use different ring tones for email and text messages. Right now it looks like they're the same.

Turn on auto-stabilization for the camera.

Automatic syncing with Outlook calendar, task list, and note pad, without a lot of other hassle (I kind of don't like the way Google scans everything in order to send personalized ads.) I tried MyPhoneExplorer on my first Droid4 which lasted three weeks and then died - completely - in one afternoon - it was all charged in the morning, but when I pulled it out my pocket it was a useless brick. Verizon replaced it but I've been hesitant to add the same apps to the new phone.

Secure password app (I use KeePass on my Windows machines, so I may use that.)

These questions seem so obvious to me I'm surprised that they aren't addressed in the stock Android apps.

I imagine these questions have been answered, so I'll look around. But it would be cool if you have those links handy.

Thanks.
TChalm

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to Droid Forums!! I am not sure about some of these things but I will try to help out.

As far as vibrate "in 2 clicks" not sure what it is that you mean exactly. I have the volume sliders as well but I do have the ability to set everything to vibrate using a switch/toggle.

You can adjust the vibrate length but it typically requires an app from the market. As far as vibrate strength, I do not believe you can adjust that.

You can set your default notification as something, but typically within apps you have the ability to set something different. Gmail you do for sure and many other apps you will as well, just look through their settings menus.

Not sure about Outlook or camera stabilization though.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome to the forum!

LED Light Flow in the Google Play Store is nice for notifications...

Syncing Outlook - check out this site for the options out there... Sync Android/Droid with Outlook/Exchange

Good luck!

OP
T

tchalm

Reaction score
As far as vibrate "in 2 clicks" not sure what it is that you mean exactly. I have the volume sliders as well but I do have the ability to set everything to vibrate using a switch/toggle.

Hi. Thanks for replying.

The vibrate toggle on the front screen changes only the ringtone. Do you have a different toggle than that? Where/what is it?

Right now, to turn off all sounds I have to make a minimum of 9 taps or clicks:
first, the Menu button,
then System Settings,
Sound,
Volumes,
Slide or tap the media sound volume down,
Slide or tap the ringtone volume down,
Slide or tap the notifications volume down,
Slide or tap the Alarm volume down.
Click OK.

And since the sliders rarely work right, those 4 taps or slides becomes 4 or 8 or 12 more taps.

So yeah, if there's a way to turn off all sounds leaving Vibrate Only with only 1 or 2 taps that would be cool.

Thanks again,
TimC