Switching Contacts from EnV2 to Eris

prncs042

Reaction score
So I just got my Eris tonight and for some reason in the store they kept getting an error when switching my contacts from my EnV2 to the Eris. Can someone please help me switch my contacts without having to input each of my 350 contacts individually? I tried Bluetoothing my contacts to my computer (since the 2 phones wouldn't sync together) and then putting the contacts onto the phones folder on my macbook but got nothing. I can't figure out how to import more than one contact at a time to my g-mail either to do it that way. I'm ready to scream and think that this could be a reason for me to take this phone back since I need all my contacts. Someone please help me.

divalibra

Reaction score
I exported my contacts from backup assistant into an Excel file then created a gmail account in which I imported the file with my contacts. If you have backup assistant then just log into your account and the exact directions will be there..hope this helps.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I exported my contacts from backup assistant into an Excel file then created a gmail account in which I imported the file with my contacts. If you have backup assistant then just log into your account and the exact directions will be there..hope this helps.

This is exactly how to do it. If you go into the get it now programs, there should be one called backup assistant. When you use it, it will backup all your contacts from the phone onto your verizon account. From there you can download the csv file and import them into your phone. It's very easy to do both, if you need any help with it, just shoot me a PM or reply on here and someone will help. :)

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score

Worked for me 2.

OP
P

prncs042

Reaction score
My issue though is my phone number is now attached to the Eris, so I can't download the Backup Assistant on the EnV2. I really don't want to have to go through all the stuff with switching everything back to the EnV2 to download the backup program then have to put everything back on the Eris. If there's an easier way I'd rather do it. Does anyone know how to get the bluetooth on the Eris to connect (rather than just be paired) to another device? I could easily send everything that way if it would work. I'll probably end up just going back to the Verizon store and making them figure out a way to do it. Right now I'm not positive having internet on my phone is worth all this.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
My issue though is my phone number is now attached to the Eris, so I can't download the Backup Assistant on the EnV2. I really don't want to have to go through all the stuff with switching everything back to the EnV2 to download the backup program then have to put everything back on the Eris. If there's an easier way I'd rather do it. Does anyone know how to get the bluetooth on the Eris to connect (rather than just be paired) to another device? I could easily send everything that way if it would work. I'll probably end up just going back to the Verizon store and making them figure out a way to do it. Right now I'm not positive having internet on my phone is worth all this.

If you had back-up assistant before you should still have it now.

OP
P

prncs042

Reaction score
Issue is that I never had the backup assistant on the env2.

fbm111

Reaction score
Okay in that case then...

1. Grab envy 2 and reactivate...*228....option 1.....follow prompts
2. Remove your download blocks if you have any. download backup assistant. sync your contacts.
3. Reactivate eris and follow link:)

It is a free download and free service as long as you are registered to log into myverizon account. If not registered then register prior to do this.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Okay in that case then...

1. Grab envy 2 and reactivate...*228....option 1.....follow prompts
2. Remove your download blocks if you have any. download backup assistant. sync your contacts.
3. Reactivate eris and follow link:)

It is a free download and free service as long as you are registered to log into myverizon account. If not registered then register prior to do this.

At this point, this is exactly what I would say to do. It's very simple to do, it doesn't change anything on the phones at all, just changes which one is active. And once your done you just switch it right back. If we had sim cards this wouldn't be an issue :icon_evil:. But we will soon enough so then it should put an end to all this. 4G WOOHOO!

mrhomiec

Reaction score
just to let you know, i too had the same problem going from an EnV2 to Eris.

luckily tho alot of my contacts were in my gmail, so i just had to type in all my non-gmail contacts.