Switching Carriers.....

chubby22

Reaction score
Have a quick question. If you place this phone on a different carrier, the bloatware that Verizon has on this phone, can it be removed, or is still stuck on here? Thinking about making a switch to T-Mobile....

Sent from my XT1080 using Droid Forums

cybertj.2000

Reaction score
Would still probably require root since they are installed as part of the updates. I may be wrong but that's what I think. They can always be disabled but still take up space.

OP
chubby22

chubby22

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I was kind of figuring that would be the case.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My Verizon Note2 kept the Verizon bloatware when I switched to T-Mobile. It was really just a changing of the SIM card only and a couple of tweaks to network settings done by the rep at T-Mobile to make it a T-Mobile Note2.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

OP
chubby22

chubby22

Reaction score
Thank you for the info!

Reaction score
Anything that came with the phone...stays with the phone. Some you can disable and some you can't. If you root you can delete them. Though I don't know how well that would work with OTA updates. Hell I don't even know how well OTA updates would work on another carrier. Anyone can chime in who knows for sure.

OP
chubby22

chubby22

Reaction score
That's something to think about as well. OTA updates. But definitely wouldn't want Verizon bloatware and another carriers bloatware combined.