1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Switching Back to BB, Force Closes

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by DylC32A, Feb 18, 2011.

1. DylC32A

DylC32A New Member

I recently decided to give GPA10 a try and kept it for a week or so, but have chose to go back to BB for now. When I try to restore my apps from Titanium Backup, I keep getting an "android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly error."

It seems to be related to either my text messages or calls/dialer, as when I open them, that's when the force closes start. Is there a compatibility issue going from Gingerbread back to Froyo that would cause this to happen? Are there any known fixes anyone can provide me with?

I wiped data and cache multiple times before installing and rebooting does nothing. If it helps, I'm running ADW Launcher EX. Thanks in advance.
  2. chasmanian

chasmanian New Member

You do know that GPA11 is up in the stickies, right?:)
  3. hett

hett New Member

This did not answer his question. :icon_rolleyes:

OP, I know it is frustrating, but have you tried foregoing the use of Titanium Backup and just restoring your apps and their settings manually?
  4. chasmanian

chasmanian New Member

I apologize. Didn't read this correctly. You said you wiped data and cache, have you also wiped dalvik? If not, install DroidTweaker from the market and wipe your dalvik. Does not get wiped with standard data wipe.
  5. chasmanian

chasmanian New Member

6. DylC32A

DylC32A New Member

I wouldn't mind doing this, but I really want to keep my texts and call log.

I'll give it a try.
  7. chasmanian

chasmanian New Member

There is a program on the market to backup texts. Call log, I dunno. Any luck so far?
  8. michael_campbell

michael_campbell New Member

You can do this with clockwork; go to advanced options, then dalvik cache wipe (and battery stats wipe) are both options there.
  9. DylC32A

DylC32A New Member

I'm back on Gingerbread for now because it's so time consuming having to wipe/flash/restore backups, but I'm going to try again soon. Interestingly enough, when I switched back to Gingerbread to restore everything, there were no force closes. I'm wondering if going back to Bugless/Froyo is the source of the problems. Can anyone confirm/deny this? I'd be really disappointed if I can no longer restore my texts/call information everytime I want to flash a new ROM.
  10. DylC32A

DylC32A New Member

Just wanted to update that I decided to use an app that backs up SMS, MMS, and call log to Gmail instead of backing up that data with Titanium Backup and have not had any problems so far. Hope this information helps anyone with force closes switching back to BB from Gingerbread. :)