Switched from Moto Droid to Moto Devour (love it) but How do I Switch My Contacts!?

OP
M

M.J.H.

Reaction score
if posible that u may have exported your contacts to your sdcard it saves them in vcard format in you droid . simply pull your sdcard out put it in your devour n import them into your devour . as that is done n you dont want that sdcard simply remove it and put your new sdcard in n i would export them into your new sdcard in your new phone note this doesnt pull them off the phones list it just does a back up . how to do this is win you are on your contact page hit the menu key n it will say import/export tap it n it will ask import to sdcard or export to sdcard good luck with the new phone

This did not work, this is what I was hoping would work. I was getting the error message when trying to import "version is not the same" etc.

truckrod

Reaction score
hmm well i had a sim prob with my juckberry tour n i did find them in the contacts in the back up file on the pc win i was usin bbmanger i pulled it up n scrolled threw n found them u gotta look hard threw all the script but they are in there ... also did you try to move the vcad file in your pc from one card file to the next that may work ..

Edmvr6

Reaction score
I dont really like it , it looks like an old school remote control.. and also they say its heavier then the droid so that a deal breaker for me. Just my opinion.. good luck with it though

52brandon

Reaction score
I will do a full comparison of the phones later of course the Droid has some advantages and the Devour has some advantages but overall I just NEED a physical (workable) keyboard I am sorry. The virtual keyboard I find myself still making small errors especially with words that I have not taken the time to add to the custom dictionary.
I dont get it, are you saying the droid keyboard wasnt "workable"? Or did you switch from the eris?

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
im even more confused......Cool the devour is available but why a picture next to a BB

amyk

Reaction score
this is just a guess, but sign into your VW account online---somewhere in there, you can get to your contacts,
then download them into a csv file and save it to your computer,
then open up gmail, sync your contacts/download csv file
then sync your phone to gmail and voila your contacts should be there

(that's how I got my contacts on my phone initially, and may be missing some steps, as that was months ago lol, but if you call VW cust service, they will walk you through it as well) good luck and hope I at least got you on the right track

nerdbox08

Reaction score
amyk is right. That's exactly what I did.

skip that.I mis read. But read the remainder of my post for what I did to get my contacts correctly.

I don't think vzw backs up your contacts because you can't use backup assist on these phones.

Go on the droid export your contacts, move the file to your comp upload it through gmail and sync the new phone.

amyk

Reaction score
amyk is right. That's exactly what I did.

skip that.I mis read. But read the remainder of my post for what I did to get my contacts correctly.

I don't think vzw backs up your contacts because you can't use backup assist on these phones.

Go on the droid export your contacts, move the file to your comp upload it through gmail and sync the new phone.

you are correct, this only works if you've used backup asst on a 'dumb' phone before and then VW has your contacts and you can do the above, however, if this is your first phone with VW, then your best bet is to go back to that store and see if they have your old phone (droid) and pay them the fee to do data transfer--correct?? other than that, idk