1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Switched from iPhone to razr

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by jdcaddell, Jan 2, 2012.

1. jdcaddell

jdcaddell New Member

Ok, so I switched from an iPhone to a Razr a few weeks ago and have ever sense I have had a problem receiving text's from any of my friends with iPhones. Has anyone had this problem? I'd say it's on the apple side because when they send me a text it acts as though it's trying to send it through iMessage which in turn takes it about at a minimum of 5 minutes for it to finally send the text if i ever receive it on my phone. They have all deleted me from their contacts and re added me and the problem persists. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Joey_Skywalker

Joey_Skywalker New Member

Is out only your friends who have IPhones that are having this issue? Sounds like a carrier issue. But if outs only iPhone users then it's an Apple problem.

Sent from my Milestone X2 using DroidForums
  3. LtKen

LtKen New Member

How do messages work from other friends with non-iPhones? Are these VZW or AT&T phones?
  4. jdcaddell

jdcaddell New Member

These are only VZW iPhones for the time being. I live and work in an area that ATT doesn't work. All of my friends that live outside of my area are blackberry users or android users. This is whats making the trouble shooting of this problem such a pain.
  5. Insidious

Insidious New Member

That's really weird. I text my friend with an iphone all the time, no probs. It could be either a network issue, or an iphone issue.
  6. LtKen

LtKen New Member

It sounds like the problem is definitely on their end -- do you have problems sending messages to them?
  7. Joey_Skywalker

Joey_Skywalker New Member

So you live on Earth then?

Sent from my Milestone X2 using DroidForums
  8. jdcaddell

jdcaddell New Member

Nope no problem sending to any of them.
  9. jdcaddell

jdcaddell New Member

yep lol. i live in the country and work is the same.
  10. dezymond

dezymond Tech Support Mod Staff Member Premium Member

A bunch of my friends have iphones and i have no problems receiving texts from them. See if you can get their messages without them using group messaging. When they use group messaging their messages are MMS for me (and I also get each response which is very annoying), see if they text you individually if you get it.
  11. jdcaddell

jdcaddell New Member

The problem has been txt only. We don't really send many group messages.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
  12. dezymond

No idea. I'm not very familiar with how the iPhone texts sometimes. Sometimes I get MMS and sometimes I don't, it gets really annoying. Sounds like something on Apple's end, but might want to call Verizon and find out.
  13. jdcaddell

jdcaddell New Member

So I talked to a vzw tech person last night and when I told them the problem she just acted like i was crazy. I tried to explain in as much detail to her what was going on and she just acted like I had no idea what I was talking about. So I guess I'm going to have to find out another way to cure this problem, hopefully it doesn't take to long. This delayed txting is really starting to get old.
  14. Shorton982

Shorton982 New Member

Exact same scenerio..

I switched from iphone to Droid Razr and even though I could receive texts from my daughter who has a basic Net10 phone I could not receive texts from iphone users. After reading this thread I had a couple of them turn off their "imessage" in settings and their texts came through after that.

Having used the iphone, I am aware that, even though my imessage was always on, if I messaged someone who was not an iphone user the messages went through as "texts" vs. "imessage" (green bubble) but if they were fellow iphone users the messages went through in "imessage" mode (blue bubble) My only guess is that if you have an iphone and all your contacts are switched over.. somehow when you send other iphone users a text, it still comes through in their messages as "imessage" mode and their phones automatically reply back in that mode so you don't get the message.
  15. dezymond

It's odd cause many of my friends text to a group of us and most of us have Android with only 2 or 3 with iphones. My messages from these friends are sometimes MMS and sometimes straight text. Even texting my family who all have iPhones does the same thing. Led me to believe if they're doing group text, it comes as MMS and if it's individual it's a regular message. Regardless it should send if it's individually and I left my parents' iMessage on. This is definitely something on Apple's part
  16. jdcaddell

jdcaddell New Member

OK now if its something on apples part any clue as to how to go about getting this problem cured? I turned on my old iPhone today to look at some stuff that I had saved on it and guess what popped up, important texts from friends, family and coworkers that were trying to get hold of me. This is why this issue is getting me so upset.

17. bacchus71

bacchus71 New Member

As a test I would ask one of them to remove you as a contact and then try and send.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums
  18. jdcaddell

jdcaddell New Member

OK so i got it fixed. Was told on another forum to check and make sure the I message was turned off in my old iPhone and that would take care of it. So it worked, makes in sense y u should have to disable things on a phone that is already no longer active. Just my opinion though.

Search tags for this page
can i switch to droid razr from iphone 4
i switch from iphone to driod and not receiving text
if your friend switches from iphone to droid, how do you sto

my friend switched from iphone to droid and n

problems receiving text after switching from an iphone to a
switch from iphone to android not receiving text messages
switch from iphone to droid razr
switched from an iphone to a razor flip now i dont recive my
switched from iphone to droid not receiving texts
switched from iphone to galaxy s4 and not receiving text mes