Switched from iPhone to razr

jdcaddell

Reaction score
Ok, so I switched from an iPhone to a Razr a few weeks ago and have ever sense I have had a problem receiving text's from any of my friends with iPhones. Has anyone had this problem? I'd say it's on the apple side because when they send me a text it acts as though it's trying to send it through iMessage which in turn takes it about at a minimum of 5 minutes for it to finally send the text if i ever receive it on my phone. They have all deleted me from their contacts and re added me and the problem persists. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Joey_Skywalker

Reaction score
Is out only your friends who have IPhones that are having this issue? Sounds like a carrier issue. But if outs only iPhone users then it's an Apple problem.

Sent from my Milestone X2 using DroidForums

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
How do messages work from other friends with non-iPhones? Are these VZW or AT&T phones?

OP
J

jdcaddell

Reaction score
These are only VZW iPhones for the time being. I live and work in an area that ATT doesn't work. All of my friends that live outside of my area are blackberry users or android users. This is whats making the trouble shooting of this problem such a pain.

Insidious

Reaction score
That's really weird. I text my friend with an iphone all the time, no probs. It could be either a network issue, or an iphone issue.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
It sounds like the problem is definitely on their end -- do you have problems sending messages to them?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
A bunch of my friends have iphones and i have no problems receiving texts from them. See if you can get their messages without them using group messaging. When they use group messaging their messages are MMS for me (and I also get each response which is very annoying), see if they text you individually if you get it.

OP
J

jdcaddell

Reaction score
The problem has been txt only. We don't really send many group messages.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
The problem has been txt only. We don't really send many group messages.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
No idea. I'm not very familiar with how the iPhone texts sometimes. Sometimes I get MMS and sometimes I don't, it gets really annoying. Sounds like something on Apple's end, but might want to call Verizon and find out.

OP
J

jdcaddell

Reaction score
So I talked to a vzw tech person last night and when I told them the problem she just acted like i was crazy. I tried to explain in as much detail to her what was going on and she just acted like I had no idea what I was talking about. So I guess I'm going to have to find out another way to cure this problem, hopefully it doesn't take to long. This delayed txting is really starting to get old.

Shorton982

Reaction score
Exact same scenerio..

So I talked to a vzw tech person last night and when I told them the problem she just acted like i was crazy. I tried to explain in as much detail to her what was going on and she just acted like I had no idea what I was talking about. So I guess I'm going to have to find out another way to cure this problem, hopefully it doesn't take to long. This delayed txting is really starting to get old.

I switched from iphone to Droid Razr and even though I could receive texts from my daughter who has a basic Net10 phone I could not receive texts from iphone users. After reading this thread I had a couple of them turn off their "imessage" in settings and their texts came through after that.

Having used the iphone, I am aware that, even though my imessage was always on, if I messaged someone who was not an iphone user the messages went through as "texts" vs. "imessage" (green bubble) but if they were fellow iphone users the messages went through in "imessage" mode (blue bubble) My only guess is that if you have an iphone and all your contacts are switched over.. somehow when you send other iphone users a text, it still comes through in their messages as "imessage" mode and their phones automatically reply back in that mode so you don't get the message.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
It's odd cause many of my friends text to a group of us and most of us have Android with only 2 or 3 with iphones. My messages from these friends are sometimes MMS and sometimes straight text. Even texting my family who all have iPhones does the same thing. Led me to believe if they're doing group text, it comes as MMS and if it's individual it's a regular message. Regardless it should send if it's individually and I left my parents' iMessage on. This is definitely something on Apple's part