Solved Switched from ATT TO Verizon. Problem

420benz

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 4
I have a Note 4 and my wife has an iphone. When anyone calls me or her it goes directly to Voicemail. It worked with ATT. Thanks

Last edited:

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Did you get new phones, or these are the phones you used with AT&T? Did you switch at a Verizon store?

Can you make calls from the phones?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
@420benz , I agree with @Jonny Kansas . ATT & Verizon use very different forms of communication protocols and radio frequencies, and so unfortunately their Cellular systems are not directly compatible. There are some phones out there which can work on many different networks, but other phones are only able to work on their "home" networks. If the phones you have are not compatible with the Verizon network you will not be able to make or receive calls.

Often phones sold through one carrier (i.e. AT&T), are "locked" to that network, even if the hardware itself could work on another. Some phones can be "unlocked", to allow them to then work on networks other than the home network.

Your Verizon representative should have verified with you that the phones were compatible with the Verizon network, however you can call 800-922-0204 from a working phone and the technical support team will troubleshoot this for you and confirm or deny that the phones work on their network.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
To add to what @FoxKat said (great infor for you there), it may be as simple as changing the network settings on the devices.

We'll need more info to really be able to help you out or point you in the right direction.

OP
420benz

420benz

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 4
To add to what @FoxKat said (great infor for you there), it may be as simple as changing the network settings on the devices.

We'll need more info to really be able to help you out or point you in the right direction.

Took both phones ti a Verizon store and they found out that ATT never ported the numbers over.They are working just fine. Thanks to all of you guys for the help.