Switch or Wait - Froyo?

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by jawa6969, Jun 15, 2010.

1. jawa6969

jawa6969 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I want to try Froyo so bad but all the "issues" and promises of new builds keep me waiting. Is this thing (Froyo) worth leaving BB 1.1 for?

2. wuyanks

wuyanks DF News Team
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1
    first off, there will likely be no "new" builds until the official OTA.

secondly, there are no issues, except for a few rare-and-far-between app compatibility issues.

so, try froyo, if you don't like it, you can switch back any time of course

3. Bob Dammit

Bob Dammit Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +17
    With all due respect, there are issues with FroYo. BUT, they are issues that should be expected with running a RC of the OS, not the official release. Market app issues, apps not yet compatible with Froyo, there was a resolved issue with MMS, reboots / crashes, and the list goes on.

To the OP, the choice is up to you, and you alone. Personally, I have 2 ROMs I switch between, one is 2.1, and the other is 2.2. If I am doing something I need stability on, I load 2.1, if not, I am always running 2.2.

I enjoy the latest OS, even though it is just the RC. Your wants and needs from your phone may differ though.

4. wuyanks

wuyanks DF News Team
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1
    bob dammit: no reboots/crashes. zero. nil. maybe issues with MMS (haven't tried). and the market issues have been fixed awhile ago.

of course i'm talking about the second leaked version.

#4 wuyanks, Jun 15, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2010
  5. ljprevo

ljprevo Member

Ratings:
    +0
    What I did before installing Froyo was make a complete backup of my 2.1, when the 1st leak came out, the issues were to much. I backed the 1st froyo up and restored my 2.1

It is pretty easy with SPRecovery.

When the official release comes out, I will go back to 2.1 and upgrade from there as I have a lot of stuff set up on that build. For now running the 2nd leak of Froyo, with all the fixes and it is running great.