switch off 3G for the best battery life

electric6

Reaction score
Hey all not sure if someone has posted this or not but kickas* battery life can be achieved by grabbing an app from the market called "network" and installing. If you're working all day/and or don't mind slower data switching to straight up 2g can be the best battery booster you've ever tried!

All it takes is a lite patience and getting acclimated to it and whenever you're near a charger or at home, then just switch on 3g again and you're back to full speed!

3G is labeled "CDMA Auto(PRL)"

2G labeled "CDMA Only"

4G is labeled "CDMA/GSM Auto"

Aren't choices great! Sometimes you just can't beat good ole' fashion battery sipping 1xEVDO.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Reaction score
Hey all not sure if someone has posted this or not but kickas* battery life can be achieved by grabbing an app from the market called "network" and installing. If you're working all day/and or don't mind slower data switching to straight up 2g can be the best battery booster you've ever tried!

All it takes is a lite patience and getting acclimated to it and whenever you're near a charger or at home, then just switch on 3g again and you're back to full speed!

3G is labeled "CDMA Auto(PRL)"

2G labeled "CDMA Only"

4G is labeled "CDMA/GSM Auto"

Aren't choices great! Sometimes you just can't beat good ole' fashion battery sipping 1xEVDO.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

I need to try that..

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

mikera67

Reaction score
That works. Another way to really save battery is setup a smart action to shut off 4/3g radios when the screen is off. Think about it, the majority of the time during the day your screen is off, why have wifi and 4g on? if your concerned about waiting for it to connect, it does it within three seconds, by the time you unlock it, its ready to go, and you save more battery than just turning off 4g, you bought 4g, use it without worrying about the battery

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk