Switch Music Help

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by cvesper, Jul 20, 2010.

1. cvesper

cvesper New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've tried searching, and I haven't found any really specific help on how to use the Music switch script.
    I renamed the MixZing apk to music.apk, and put it on my sdcard, then tried to run the script. Does it actually need to be in root instead, and if so, does it need to be in data/apps? Where specifically should I put this and how do I know if it worked?

2. Tallica

Tallica Premium Member
    Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1
    you can just install MixZing without the script. It's a market app right?

3. cvesper

cvesper New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, maybe I'm misunderstanding what the switch music script does. I was under the impression that it replaced the default music player with another one. The reason I was trying to do this is that I want it to automatically open MixZing rather than the default Music program when I put my droid in the car dock.

4. cvesper

cvesper New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Not sure why no one could help me with this, but I figured it out. For anyone that may search for this in the future:

I renamed my music app to music.apk. I copied it and used Root Explorer to navigate to root, set it as read/write, and pasted it. I had to place it in the root of the filesystem (not in data, not on the memory card, just /). I ran the music switcher script, and it was successful.

5. Tbone9191

Tbone9191 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Please explain this further. I have the Droid X and I use mixzing. I hate the stock music player but I have no choice but to use it when I dock the phone. If there is a way around this I am willing to do the work but I am not exactly understanding what you are talking about in your instructions. I am rooted. Please help!

6. cvesper

cvesper New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You know, I think you may be able to get around it by going into Settings, Applications, find Music, click on it and do Clear Defaults. Then, next time you try to play music in the dock, I think you will get a choice of what to use. If I'm wrong, here's what I did.

I did this process using Root Explorer:
    Locate the mixzing .apk file on your phone (i.e. data/apps/something.mixzing.apk). Long press on it and copy it. Navigate to the root directory of your phone (just /) and click mount r/w. Then, paste the file and rename it to music.apk. Then, run the music switchscript in the Bugless Beast script helper. You may need to reboot your phone after.
    This could be all wrong, but that's what I did.