Switch Beween E-mail Accounts?

masters

Reaction score
I know I must be missing something simple, but how do you switch between e-mail accounts in the default program if you have multiple?

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you mean Gmail...tap on the email address in the top-right corner of the Gmail window.

OP
M

masters

Reaction score
No not the GMail.. I'm talking the EMail app.. I have 2 email accounts and with Gingerbread on a D1 I had a screen with both accounts you could toggle between.

I just can't seem to find it.. Kinda surprises me that others don't have multiple regular emails.

The only way I can see to switch it is...

Goto Email Settings --> Default email account and change it..

cutiedroid

Reaction score
I don't know which phone you have but on my Verizon D2G there is an icon called Messaging that has icons for Universal Inbox, Texting, and the email icon repping my earthlink email address. (Those gmail addresses huddle together someplace else.) I'm sure that if you had more than one non-gmail email they would all be under that icon.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
No not the GMail.. I'm talking the EMail app.. I have 2 email accounts and with Gingerbread on a D1 I had a screen with both accounts you could toggle between.

I just can't seem to find it.. Kinda surprises me that others don't have multiple regular emails.

The only way I can see to switch it is...

Goto Email Settings --> Default email account and change it..

As noted, as far as I can tell you have to go to the Messaging app in the app drawer and then select the icon for the account you want. I don't see any way to switch between accounts when you are actually viewing one of the accounts, like you can in the Gmail app.

OP
M

masters

Reaction score
Thank you much.. That Messaging app was my solution..

Previously I had D1 with Gingerbread and within that EMail app you could hit back and get all your accounts in a list.. Looks like they made it a separate app.

SPG900NY

Reaction score
I had the same problem (I have five or six different email accounts, one for each specific purpose). It is taking me a while to get used to Motorola's Android overlay. I wish there was a way to do stock Android on this phone. I like simple. All this account integration hurts my brain.