Swipe up lock screens

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by Hobn, Jul 3, 2011.

1. Hobn

Hobn New Member

I demoed a bunch of phones at Best Buy, and I noticed some had special lock screens like a puzzle or a swipe-up bar. Can you get the swipe-up bar lock screen onto any phone? I'm not sure what phone I saw it on, but I think it was a Droid Incredible 2. It's a bit hard to keep track nowadays, with the sudden explosion of big-screen smartphones. But I do think it was an HTC phone.
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2011
  2. cupfulloflol

cupfulloflol New Member

I don't recall a swipe up lockscreen, most Sense phones I have used have a swipe down to unlock. If you use something like WidgetLocker (app on the market) you should be able to achieve it pretty easy. [THEMES] WidgetLocker Theme Collection - xda-developers There are various vertical ones there, as well as tons of other options. I assume you could make a swipe up using WL, I am not very well versed in it though.

The puzzle lockscreen is a Touchwiz (Samsung) thing, I haven't seen an exact replica of it. It may be possible to do with WL, and may already be done.

If you are rooted, CyanogenMod 7 should have a few custom lockscreen options (at least I assume CM7 for the DX has this feature). Lense, Rotary, and Rotary Revamped all should be able to drag down to unlock. I am not sure if other ROMs will have it or not, they do on the OG Droid.
  3. Hobn

Hobn New Member

Thanks! But from the looks of it I'm guessing CM7 for Droid X isn't very stable yet.
  4. TheSwaggeR

TheSwaggeR New Member

There is a puzzle theme for Widget Locker over on the XDA forum. I did see a custom theme for that. There is some progress being made to add more features to the functionality of the lockscreen.

What I'd really love to see is the new MIUI lockscreens get ported over to different phones or the dev of Widget Locker recode the app to adapt to new lockscreen designs. The swipe down, swipe to the right is getting really old and dated. It's time for new stuff.
  5. Byakushiki

Byakushiki New Member

Someone should port the honeycomb lockscreen in, so we can swipe in whatever direction we want to unlock.

Sent from somewhere in a strangereal world.
  6. cupfulloflol

cupfulloflol New Member

The guy(s)/gal(s) that worked on the lockscreens for CM7, were at one point working on the honeycomb style. Coming soon: Honeycomb Lockscreen for CM7 Phones | Android Headlines <-- not sure what is going on with it, if it is still alive or what.
Search tags for this page

android swipe up lock screen

how to get swipe up unlock for any android

locker which unlocks by swipe up in android

miui puzzle lock screen port

swipe down to unlock

swipe to unlock widgetlocker

swipe up lock screen

swipe up lock screen for android

swipe up lock screen on android

swipe up to lock screen android

swipe up to unlock android