Swipe and screen lock option?

OP
P

Pelc

Reaction score
Thanks. I'll have to give something like that a try. I didn't want to root the phone yet but with some of the tweaks Verizon made like the Wi-Fi widget I might have to.

eatsleeplaxsoccer3

Reaction score
Yeah that's what happens to mine too but that's not what I want to happen. haha.

I'm trying to see if there is a way so that when I don't wait the lock automatically time I have to just swipe to get into my phone instead of it just opening to the home screen. But then when I wait the lock automatic time it will lock with the pattern unlock screen.

I don't want to have to put in my pattern every time I want to use my phone but when the phone is in my pocket my leg hits the home button and it starts opening apps since I don't have to swipe it or anything to open it.

I hope that clears up what i'm trying to say.
I understand what you mean, which is how I stumbled upon this thread
I have a Galaxy S4 active, no carrier, sim unlocked, same issue
because of an email account's security requirements, PIN and password are the only available lock options for me. But if I turn the phone back on right after using it, I'd like to skip the whole PIN entry and only require the PIN if the phone's been unused for a longer amount of time like 10 minutes.
Within those 10 minutes though, no matter what, I'd like at least the swipe method to be required every time the screen was turned off to avoid butt-dialing.
I think this is how it was on a previous phone (I've had a droid 4 and droid 1). and you could get the app n olock if you wanted to unlock straight to the home screen.
I think Sydman is right, though, for the S4 you can only have one unlock type
I am pretty sure that functionality is not going to work for you, in essence you are wanting two lock screen methods in one.
if you don't check off "Lock instantly with power key," it will unlock straight to your home screen and your pocket will make all sorts of calls.