Swiftkey?

droiddummy2

Reaction score
Has anyone used this app? I'm new to this whole thing, and my phone seems pretty complicated. Can any of you guys tell me which apps are any good, and what's most useful? Pleeeeze? I'm pretty hopeless...

Lenagainster

Reaction score
I use SwiftKey exclusively. Recently, Amazon offered SwiftKey Pro for free and I grabbed it. A word of warning; one of the options requested in SwiftKey Pro is your email address AND your email password (so they can analyse your emails to help predict your word usage). Totally unnecessary, and no way I would give up my password to any other app.
Since installing SwiftKey, I rarely use the slide out keypad on my Droid 2. Its word prediction is fantastic. When pecking out texts and emails, I rarely have to complete the words. When I got the D2, I thought there was no way I'd ever get a phone without a real keyboard. Now I'm sure, after using SwiftKey, my next phone won't have a keyboard.

GuiltySparc

Reaction score
I use SwiftKey exclusively. Recently, Amazon offered SwiftKey Pro for free and I grabbed it. A word of warning; one of the options requested in SwiftKey Pro is your email address AND your email password (so they can analyse your emails to help predict your word usage). Totally unnecessary, and no way I would give up my password to any other app.
Since installing SwiftKey, I rarely use the slide out keypad on my Droid 2. Its word prediction is fantastic. When pecking out texts and emails, I rarely have to complete the words. When I got the D2, I thought there was no way I'd ever get a phone without a real keyboard. Now I'm sure, after using SwiftKey, my next phone won't have a keyboard.

You can use swiftkey without giving the email info. Thats only for it to 'learn' your typing style from your email. I just skipped that part and had it 'learn' from my texts instead.

xxturbowesxx

Reaction score
Has anyone used this app? I'm new to this whole thing, and my phone seems pretty complicated. Can any of you guys tell me which apps are any good, and what's most useful? Pleeeeze? I'm pretty hopeless...

I have alot of difficulty with the stock android keyboard due to fat fingers. I bought the droid for the slide out keyboard and never use it anyway.

Swiftkey is the best thing installed on my phone.