Swiftkey Update Improves Speed and Performance

Malkavian

Reaction score
I will need to look more at my tablet. Have noticed times on my tablet that it doesn't even bring up a keyboard when i tap a field.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Nothing beats SwiftKey.. Always top notch.. Two things I don't stray from.. This keyboard and Nova launcher.. Win win..

M8 tap'd

mach330

Reaction score
I also like the update regarding speed and less lag. Also I noticed you can have separate number keys now. Is that new? I guess I never noticed that option before

Tap'd via Note 4...

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I also like the update regarding speed and less lag. Also I noticed you can have separate number keys now. Is that new? I guess I never noticed that option before

Tap'd via Note 4...
I think they implemented that a few updates ago.

Sent from my Note 4

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Why is Swiftkey any different from say, Google Keyboard?

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk 2

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel

I always found Swiftkey performs a little faster than Google Keyboard or any other keyboard I've used really. Plus over time I think it picks up corrections and your typing "style" better. The different colored keyboards can be pretty fun to use too, especially if one changes their theme often.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

For typers the biggest difference in the past was SK had the ability to predict what the users were going to type next like no other. The guess of what was going to be typed was pretty darn good, almost to the point of knowing after just 1 letter typed, then after the correct word was tapped, it'd get the next word/sentence spot on, eliminating thousands of taps per day when used for texting, forums, social media, etc.
For gesture typers (aka sliding) it isn't such a time saver.
I personally have tried many times over the years to like Swift Key but it keeps letting me down in some form or other, mostly in time it develops a lag and seems to get brain flatulence for sliding accuracy that each update promises to have fixed yet sadly it wasn't.
I've used Swype since back in its invite only beta days (I prefer gesture typing as it mimics writing on paper much more than typing does) and a while back when it too fell off the accuracy cliff and developed the same lag as SK I found a version of it only released in Asia (Swype for Oppo) that has been as quick as any (no lag) , as accurate as beta Swype was (practically reading the mind no matter how sloppy the slide) and also has gesture shortcuts that SK developers keep saying aren't possible to do on gesture keyboards and includes punctuation in its next word/punctuation prediction that in only a few days learns my habits and does an excellent job of predicting my habitual sentences and phrases.
There's a bunch out there that are good but SK has been the benchmark others strive for for quite some time.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4