Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
http://swiftkey.com/en/blog/swiftkey-android-keyboard-brings-performance-improvements-languages/
SwiftKey Keyboard app for Android device is one of the bestselling products in Google Play, topping as bestseller in 2012 and 2013.

SwiftKey’s newest update, launching today, promises to ramp up the app’s performance. The developers targeted making the keyboard more responsive when typing, to the tune of a claimed 10 to 18 % performance increase; it also pops up and disappears from the screen faster than before, and refreshes quicker when switching between different forms. Additionally, SwiftKey has expanded its number of supported languages to 81 by adding Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Oriya, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, Nepali, Sinhala.

Swiftkey Blog

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Haven't noticed a ton of difference yet, but I also haven't used my phone much since updating during lunch. Anything that makes it better than it already is is fine with me though. No matter how many other keyboard apps I try, I always come back to swiftkey.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
The appear and disappear lag is why I went back to the Google Keyboard. I can't wait to give it another shot.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
The appear and disappear lag is why I went back to the Google Keyboard. I can't wait to give it another shot.
It's pretty snappy. Before I posted my last update here, I had Tapatalk open, reading Malkavian's post and started opening and closing it to really see if it had improved. It's definitely noticable.

It lagged really bad for a while, but it's been improving slowly over time. This is a big leap here.

tedZilla99

Reaction score
so I've been using Swype for years - is it time for me to switch to the Swiftkey?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
It certainly appears and disappears faster. Sometimes the lag would be horrible, but since the update it's been significantly quicker.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I've had SwiftKey for a long time and haven't used it much. Once I'm done with completing the Fleksy challenges I will take it for a spin. It will be interesting to see how it compares to swiping versus swiping with my stock keyboard.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I've had SwiftKey for a long time and haven't used it much. Once I'm done with completing the Fleksy challenges I will take it for a spin. It will be interesting to see how it compares to swiping versus swiping with my stock keyboard.
I honestly think I like it so much that I don't give even the stock keyboards enough of a fair shake. That said, I'm tempted to download fleksy again to see what I can do about these challenges you keep talking about...Pretty sure I had it at one point...

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Fleksy was free on Amazon last week.

I found out by accident that the stock keyboard is swipeable.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Fleksy was free on Amazon last week.

I found out by accident that the stock keyboard is swipeable.
I actually think that's because the Sammy keyboard had swiftkey integrated since that generation. I seem to remember that was the case. The s4 had it as well. They offered Swype as an alreadHowever, I still prefer the swiftkey straight from the play store.

I may have paid to try fleksy at some point. Can't remember. I'll have to check later.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Fleksy looks pretty nice. I almost feel guilty wanting to use it since Swiftkey is working so much better now.

thunderbolt_nick

Thunderbolt Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
I noticed the difference on the tablet more than my phone. A lot crisper and fluid especially when using Flow. BTW, the new Material Themes are nice!