SwiftKey Slow Typing

DavidM.

Reaction score
Hey everybody, I just traded my charge for a bionic, mainly for the extra core and more ram. I've noticed when typing that I have to type slower or the keyboard misses characters. This only seems to happen with SwiftKey 3 though. The stock keyboard and typing on swype seem fine. Why is this? Is there a work around? I'm on .905 stock unrooted right now. Thanks.

linuxgator

Reaction score
I've never noticed this behavior. In switfkey settings, do you have it set for rapid, or precise as your typing style?

linuxgator

Reaction score
Hmm, that's really strange. Perhaps if you go to the main menu->manage apps and do a force stop and clear data for it, then possibly re-install it, it might fix that. Though I have to admit that I never used it on .905, so it's possible it's just a quirk of some sort. Hopefully someone else will have more insight on that.

CamoCustom

Reaction score
I have this problem on ICS leak, with precise selected. Its been since its last update, only sometimes it lags a little....

matjmonk

Reaction score
I have it set as rapid.

Have you checked for an update for Swiftkey? I had similar problems with it when I first went to the ICS leak(s) and after getting the latest version, everything seems to be working as it should.

Cheers

OP
D

DavidM.

Reaction score
Yes, I'm on the latest version of swiftkey and my language pack is up to date. It seems to be a gesture detection problem. I'll be typing and the keyboard will disappear (swiftkey detects swipe down) or a word gets deleted (swiftkey detects swipe back).