Swiftkey keyboard

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I tested all my keyboards more extensively and swype and swiftkey are the fastest. Swiftkey is less annoying than swype because it tends to be more accurate. However when it comes to pure speed swype may win. I'm going to stick with swiftkey for now. I like the prediction.

wil318466

Reaction score
Swiftkey is wicked fast, but its not obvious.

The trick is to use the predictor, and never hit the spacebar again. Once you start doing that you realize how fast it is, because it saves you from hitting so many more letters you don't need to hit.

I love it.

dboss007

Reaction score
Swiftkey is wicked fast, but its not obvious.

The trick is to use the predictor, and never hit the spacebar again. Once you start doing that you realize how fast it is, because it saves you from hitting so many more letters you don't need to hit.

I love it.

+1 I'm sticking with Swype until Swiftkey fixes the lag issues I'm seeing, but both of these keyboards are fantastic. I think that once you get used to not hitting the spacebar, for both really, they absolutely fly with Swiftkey being just a little faster because your typing is drastically reduced.

mjs31

Reaction score
I like swiftkey, but I have run into a few occasions where it did not give me an option to select the word I typed. None of the listed ones showed the actual word so I could never enter it. I wrote them about it so hopefully it gets fixed.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Actually if you hit the spacebar it chooses the center word automatically.

I found that it also remembers all of the information you enter but if you powerdown and up it forgets them.

Big Cam

Reaction score
I know where to get htis, but I'm curious, why are'nt things like swiftkey adn swype available on the market? Do they break some kind of rule?

dboss007

Reaction score
I know where to get htis, but I'm curious, why are'nt things like swiftkey adn swype available on the market? Do they break some kind of rule?

They're still in beta versions. I believe Swiftkey is only on its second beta version as well.