Sweeter Home Question

Silverwing

Reaction score
Anybody know what the tray ID and title are for the stock messages/sms app? Apparently its not sms, messenger, messages, text or messages. Not sure what it is =(

I am using an already made "link" from somebody else's theme. I tried replacing tray id and title with other words like "market" and "handcent" and those worked fine, but I cannot get that premade link to launch the standard messenger, and I am baffled as what to put in for those two commands.

...or if it is not that easy, how do I create one of these buttons to launch the messenger (from scratch?) - sorry for being inexperienced with this, I couldn't find a guide or manual anywhere =(

Last edited:

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
All that messenger thing is....is a screen that instantly shows your conversation from the stock messenger on your phone. i think i have one in the database that's customized to have the sent and received which most ppl don't know they can do. do a search for CORINACAKES and you can start fresh with some custom icons at the bottom instead of just words. :D if you have anymore questions....i'm the queen of sweeterhome so feel free :D

OP
S

Silverwing

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply =)

What I am trying to do, is to have one of those invisible (or colored) boxes that I can click on, which brings me into the stock messenger. Apparently, I am a complete novice when it comes to sweeterhome, and I have no idea how to make one of those boxes to launch the stock messenger.

Could you, by any chance explain to me how to do it? It'd be so helpful, you wouldn't believe. I have been playing with it for a few hours now, and for some reason I am missing something, and I am afraid that it is something really obvious :mad:

gwwjpd

Reaction score
It's been a little bit since I played around with the editing in Sweeter Home 2.

But here it goes.

First hit the menu button, "Edit Theme".
Menu again, "New", "Recent SMS".
Touch the new block that comes up, here you can move and resize to your needs.

Long press on the block, "Edit", here you can change the color of the block itself and change the text color and size to what you want, many many options.

After you get the Recent SMS block to the right color, size, text and location.

Go back into edit mode (if you backed out, I always did just to see what it look like on the screen), hit menu again, then "New", "Springboard". Here again, like before, adjust the size and location of the springboard. Long press on the springboard and "Edit", change the color and text like before. Here is where you select what block(s) to control. Touch "Controlled Block(s), and select what you want to control.

Also, editing themes has some quirks, it helps to kill all other tasks while editing. (Task Killer is your friend, in this case,) Then again AFTER you save your theme, kill Sweeter Home 2, then go back into it, let Sweeter Home 2 load and sync applications.

To save your theme, touch "menu", "Edit Theme", "Upload/Export". Now you need to decide if you want to share with the world yet. If you don't, touch "Internet" and then "SD Card", give it a name and description then "Upload".

I hope I didn't leave any steps out, hope this helps.

I really like Sweeter Home 2, so many customization possibilities.

My theme is "jps_droid" it's in the theme list if you want to look at it.

Edit: I just saw that you wanted the stock messaging to launch. If that's the case you can go into editing, "New", "Custom Tray", resize and locate where you want. Long press on the block, "Edit", change color, size, ect.... Back out of editing, touch the Custom Tray, then "Application" then which ever SMS app you want.

Last edited:
OP
S

Silverwing

Reaction score
Awesome, it works! Now, the last thing I wanted to ask was the following:

When I pull up that window now, how can I compose a new message to a new person, it seems like I can really only reply to people who have sent me messages. What if I want to compose a brand new message, or something?

punyweakling

Reaction score
You'll need to have a separate link there I think man. You can't create a new message from the native SMS widget.

punyweakling

Reaction score
Like an app, yeah? So set up a custom tray, make sure the ID is unique (let's call it "messaging tray") which should be empty. Then exit edit mode and long press in it, and add your messaging app.

Which I do sometimes is set up the Native SMS widget to launch from a springboard and also have a custom tray launch from the same springboard with the messaging app in it.

You can see this on my Thrillho theme... :)

OP
S

Silverwing

Reaction score
Ahh, I see what you are saying. Wouldn't it be possible to have like an invisible icon, or one with only text, that you can touch to toss up the message app?

Also, another question I had is, I have a springboard that is always kind of there, like if I open another springboard, you can see the text, from the first one through it. How can I make springboard (or rather, the button that opens it up since the actual thing is mostly closed) disappear when I open another springboard.

That is, so the button of one springboard doesn't obscure another springboard that is open.

I hope this isn't worded too terribly.

Cowpoke

Reaction score
If I understand what you are saying, you can just throw your messaging app into the tray, then modify the icons setting to text icon only, then modify the icon text properties to have the alpha channel all the way to zero, making it transparent.

Then just toss a text item on top of it saying whatever you want.