Sweaty Hands

TheMightyHam

Reaction score
Hi guys! I always have a very sweaty hand, so it is really difficult to slide my fingers on the screen when using swype or unlocking the screen. I'm just wondering would a screen protector help?

Reaction score
I have the otterbox screen protector that came with the case. I want to punch the screen because i got so frustrated that it wouldn't register my swipes that i usually did with a bare screen. Less responsive.

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
found keeping screen clean helps me with this issue. its a pita really.

Big Ry

Reaction score
Hi guys! I always have a very sweaty hand, so it is really difficult to slide my fingers on the screen when using swype or unlocking the screen. I'm just wondering would a screen protector help?
holy crap! theres someone else as sweaty as me!!!! lol

personally, i just wipe my fingers and the screen off...yup its a pita. but better to have sweat on tge screen than have it trickle down into my BlackBerry keyboard like before i got the droid.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm just wondering would a screen protector help?
Depends on the screen protector. They're not all the same. Some feel more sticky than others when wet.

I have the otterbox screen protector that came with the case. I want to punch the screen because i got so frustrated that it wouldn't register my swipes that i usually did with a bare screen. Less responsive.
No responsiveness issues with the Steinheil SGP Crystal in my experience. Or the Zagg Invisible Shield for that matter. The latter is definitely stickier though.

Reaction score
I'm just wondering would a screen protector help?
Depends on the screen protector. They're not all the same. Some feel more sticky than others when wet.

No responsiveness issues with the Steinheil SGP Crystal in my experience. Or the Zagg Invisible Shield for that matter. The latter is definitely stickier though.
I'm gonna try the steinheil. The otterbox is protective...but very unresponsive.

OP
T

TheMightyHam

Reaction score

personally, i just wipe my fingers and the screen off...yup its a pita. but better to have sweat on tge screen than have it trickle down into my BlackBerry keyboard like before i got the droid.

Wiping my fingers and cleaning the screen don't help at all for me. It actually made the whole situation worse. Swype would be such a wonderful application if I don't have a sweaty hand. I guess the only solution is to try to use the tip of my fingers like you do with a resistive screen, or carry a bottle of baby powders. =[

xliderider

Reaction score

They have a surgical procedure for your diaphoretic condition. ;)

I know someone who had the procedure done and swears by it. She said insurance covered the cost of the surgery.

Danariel

Reaction score
I don't have the sweaty hands problem, but the screen protector I have seems ideal for someone who does.

I have the Clarivue Anti-Glare screen protector. It's Not sticky in any way, doesn't hold fingerprints due to the matte finish, and the reason I got it was so as not to give away my pattern lock in greasy tracks on the screen.

It's very smooth, feels dry and good to the touch, and my finger just glides over it with ShapeWriter. They come 2 to a pack.

allikanbe

Reaction score
The wet finger or hair thing is a major pain. You can't even answer the phone sometimes. You may want to try Tedd's Droid Tools (beta) free app. At least it allows you to use the camera button to answer the phone.

OP
T

TheMightyHam

Reaction score
I don't have the sweaty hands problem, but the screen protector I have seems ideal for someone who does.

I have the Clarivue Anti-Glare screen protector. It's Not sticky in any way, doesn't hold fingerprints due to the matte finish, and the reason I got it was so as not to give away my pattern lock in greasy tracks on the screen.

It's very smooth, feels dry and good to the touch, and my finger just glides over it with ShapeWriter. They come 2 to a pack.

I just ordered the Clarivue Anti-Glare screen protector! I think it will help a lot.