Swapped out Droids?

nerdbox08

Reaction score
For those of you who have gotten replacement droids in the past two weeks.... did they do it there in the store or did it have to be shipped to you?

Also was it new ou refurb?

Thanks!

compywiz

Reaction score
Had mine replaced, first one was a dud, had the reboot issue.

Swapped them out in store with a brand new one. Very quick process thanks to google, just swap the SD card and sign in on the new phone and most of your settings carry over. Even the rep was saying how easy it was.

OP
nerdbox08

nerdbox08

Reaction score
Had mine replaced, first one was a dud, had the reboot issue.

Swapped them out in store with a brand new one. Very quick process thanks to google, just swap the SD card and sign in on the new phone and most of your settings carry over. Even the rep was saying how easy it was.

Was that by chance any time in the past two weeks? trying to stay somewhat current.

My charge cable won't always sit correctly in the port and that bothers me because one time it didn't charge at all :(

compywiz

Reaction score
Sorry, nope. I only delt with the rebooting nonsense for 4-5 days after I got the phone (which was the day it was released). So it's been quite some time.

OP
nerdbox08

nerdbox08

Reaction score
I should probably clarify I'm also looking for someone who did this after the thirty day mark....

roflcopters

Reaction score
If this had of happened sooner, before there were more in circulation, you probably could have gotten a brand new one in the store. Now I'm 95% sure you will get a refurb, and probably have to wait for it in the mail. They can initiate the swap in store but you'll probably have to wait for it.

MrKleen

Reaction score
I have swapped my phone out twice and both times have been outside of the 30 day mark. The first time was only maybe a week outside 30, the second time was about 2 weeks later.

Both times they replaced it in the store. The first one was brand new, and the second was a plain box replacement without charger...(refurb I guess)

My third phone is working out well for me.

OP
nerdbox08

nerdbox08

Reaction score
If this had of happened sooner, before there were more in circulation, you probably could have gotten a brand new one in the store. Now I'm 95% sure you will get a refurb, and probably have to wait for it in the mail. They can initiate the swap in store but you'll probably have to wait for it.

That's what I figure too. Well I'll at least go in and talk to them.

vessej

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I should probably clarify I'm also looking for someone who did this after the thirty day mark....

I got a new one through the Asurion insurance, yesterday. $89.00 deductible but shipped next day, no charge. Seems to be ok except I need to keep the phone in "de-bugging" mode to use it with my computer. No biggy tho.

Mayhew

Reaction score
My third Droid will arrive on Tuesday. The first one kept deleting all 722 contacts - several times a day. The second Droid quit vibrating upon receipt of a text, e-mail and instant message. Unacceptable. If the third one is a dud, I am going back to a Blackberry. But I really don't want to do that. Love this thing.

MrKleen

Reaction score
My third Droid will arrive on Tuesday. The first one kept deleting all 722 contacts - several times a day. The second Droid quit vibrating upon receipt of a text, e-mail and instant message. Unacceptable. If the third one is a dud, I am going back to a Blackberry. But I really don't want to do that. Love this thing.

Don't worry you will get one that works. I am on my third Droid also and this one is working very well. I have to wonder about Moto's build quality because the fit and finish on the second one I got was out of whack also. (and it was a brand new one)

The Droid has got to be an expensive project for Moto, I have heard they've replaced hundreds of thousands of them.

johall07

Reaction score
just did this twice within the past week one store sent in the mail and when i went to replace the replacement the other store had them in-store you just have to call and see

johall07

Reaction score

Don't worry you will get one that works. I am on my third Droid also and this one is working very well. I have to wonder about Moto's build quality because the fit and finish on the second one I got was out of whack also. (and it was a brand new one)

The Droid has got to be an expensive project for Moto, I have heard they've replaced hundreds of thousands of them.

although this is true i hear a lot of people with phones they have had to replace 10+ times so haha i prefer 2 or 3

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
When I had to replace mine a few weeks back I called tech support first. It was a rebooting issue. Over the phone we tried a few things including a reset but was still stuck. I had the rep call surrounding stores to reserve a swap for me. The first 3 stores had none. The last had over 30. An hour or so later I was back home with my replacement.

Give the store in question a ring.

shnick

Reaction score
did mine after the 30-day mark... i was about a week over. had some camera issues and they mailed me a new one. i think it was a refurb. it was in a plain white box w/no battery. working just fine right now.