Survey: FDR AFTER issues with JB update

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you FDR'd during the JB please don't reply. This is to ask of those who DID NOT FDR at first and experienced issues,.........
Then bit the bullet and did FDR.
Give a brief description of the issues you were having, then whether or not the FDR solved them.
There are 999 threads in multiple areas, with many complaints of issues, and just as many recommendations to FDR, but then no one seems to ever follow up with their results. (if they did do FDR)

CMDRSTP

Reaction score
First, my phone was stock (not rooted). I have approximately 30 apps installed.

I did the OTA update to JB. Unlike the ICS update, I didn't preform a pre or post FDR.

Flawless so far. All apps work fine. Smooth and responsive.

quickmedic

Reaction score
My keyboard is sluggish. Poor battery life. Phone is sluggish to wake from sleep.

Kimo91

Reaction score
I had to do a FDR cause after downloading the official update I rebooted my phone and was stuck on the droid eye. After FDR everything worked flawlessly. Sucked that it did that after the update though.

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx running on high octane with Jelly Bean

EdCarden

Reaction score
I downloaded and installed jellybean without doing an FDR as well (had about 120 apps at the time of the install) and so far I have had less problems than I did with ICS. So far JB is much smoother overall and I dig the new features. Most of the problems I do have (mainly occasional sluggishness) are probably more due to the number of apps running than anything else, plus I have the system monitor app and that works wonders for these kinds of issues. Personally, I think JB is great.

YellowJacket

Reaction score
I did not FDR prior to the update. I was previously on the Christmas Eve update then JB as a soak tester.

Some of the problems I had were the phone not remembering vibrate when ringing, general slowness and weak wifi signal.

Did a FDR and cleared storage yesterday then restored all my apps one by one (only the ones I absolutely needed) and things seem to be working much better. It has also remembered the ring on vibrate setting.

David

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
My keyboard is sluggish. Poor battery life. Phone is sluggish to wake from sleep.

Well, maybe if you swap your Blackberry Storm 1 for a Droid RAZR MAXX, your battery would be better and your phone wouldn't be sluggish!! :rofl3:

(sorry...couldn't resist!)...

But seriously, did you do an FDR either before or after you installed the update? There are some, like CMDRSTP who proved that if the phone isn't already overburdened by apps and changes, the update can be done with no residual effects, but there are others who swear by doing the FDR (*and wipe cache*). One thing's for sure...if you do an FDR after the update, you'll have a completely clean OS to start with. If you have problems after that then we'd start looking at what apps, widgets, wallpapers, etc., that you are running.

quickmedic

Reaction score
Well, maybe if you swap your Blackberry Storm 1 for a Droid RAZR MAXX, your battery would be better and your phone wouldn't be sluggish!! :rofl3:

(sorry...couldn't resist!)...

But seriously, did you do an FDR either before or after you installed the update? There are some, like CMDRSTP who proved that if the phone isn't already overburdened by apps and changes, the update can be done with no residual effects, but there are others who swear by doing the FDR (*and wipe cache*). One thing's for sure...if you do an FDR after the update, you'll have a completely clean OS to start with. If you have problems after that then we'd start looking at what apps, widgets, wallpapers, etc., that you are running.

Thanks for the reply. I will try that when I get a chance. when I did the soak test for ics I had no issues at least nothing major. My Razr takes fits. It has been working ok over the past few days.

Blackberry Storm...haha. Yes we have come along way. :)