[Support Thread] Boot Manager Androids First Multi-Booter Application

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by gflam, Jul 23, 2011.

1. gflam

gflam Developer Theme Developer Developer

Team Init 2 Winit Applications which includes me and conap from xda just released our first application and we are happy to annouce Androids first multi-booter application. The app lets you boot up to 5 ROMs on your phone at once and boot between them with just a reboot by installing up to 4 ROMs to your sdcard.

Full manual can be found here
    http://init2winitapps.com/stories/BMManual.html

Droid 1 wifi fix found here (actual solution being worked on)
    Wifi Fix for Droid 1

It supports the droid 1 but that device is a little different from the others because even the d1 had a more secured boot loader than htc devices. The d1 would not allow boot.imgs to be flashed live so that device only does require a quick and automatic flash in recovery to boot between roms all others use just a simple reboot. The d1 is supported only with clockworkmod recovery like sourcery rom was in that for a quick reboot and switch between a rom. If you want to use other recoveries like rzr or sprecovery then you have to flash the slot by hand but keep in mind it's a 2-3mb file that is flashed to switch roms so it takes literally less than a second.

Again only the d1 requires the boot to recovery thanks to motos secure boot loaders :) but what can you do.

Follow us on twitter: @init2winitapps
    Visit our homepage: Init 2 Win It Applications
    Or contact us at: support@init2winitapps.com

Get it in the market for $2.99

Boot Manager In The Android Market

[​IMG]

Lastly made some signatures yesterday and added a gallery to the website if anyone would like to contribute signatures or just download them the link is below

Init 2 Winit Gallery
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2011
  2. OneTenderRebel

OneTenderRebel New Member

Wow, I am still on the d1 but this is pretty impressive. So there are no issues with the roms interfering with each other?

To be or not to be........................wait what was the question? This signature has been Tapatalk approved.
  3. gflam

Nope each rom is completely separate there is no interfering with each other they're in their own folders on your sdcard and all and act completely separate from one another.

The only issue we ever had with sd roms was that they can lag due to low card read/write speeds we recommend a card with a class over 6 but i have a class 2 card at the moment and was able to solve my lag issues by just overclocking to 800mhz and then didn't notice any lag at all.
  4. guidot

guidot Developer Relations Staff Member Premium Member

Wow this is excellent stuff gflam.

Very impressed with your work. Good play on words too. :D
  5. gflam

Thanks enjoy the app
  6. zachdroid

zachdroid New Member

Does each rom have it's own data set or is that all shared? Is data migration between roms going to be an issue for a serial flasher like myself?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  7. gflam

Each rom is completely separate meaning all the data is separate each rom has it's own set of data it's basically like flashing a rom to a freshly wiped phone they're all completely separate
  8. gflam

O and please do spread the word about the app and supporting devices we would really appreciate emails and pms from other devices would like to support every device with an unlocked boot loader
  9. themadgamer89

themadgamer89 New Member

So what's the difference between this app and just making nandroid backups of your roms

10. darkmatter

darkmatter New Member

Could this work for nook color? I've moved onto the d3, so my nook is my rooting fun these days.

And I imagine this is different from backups in that you don't have to spend a few mins restoring and reflashing etc?

Doesn't really surprise me to see something so creative from (some) of the Sourcery team(imo, still the best froyo rom for d1)

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk
  11. gflam

Um a nandroid takes a while to make and switch between this does it with just a reboot it's basically like saying whats the difference between dual booting you're computer and making backups of your computer
  12. gflam

As for the nook color does that have like an unlocked boot loader and what i know it has cm support and all so i would imagine it would be fine to work with the app i just don't know much about that device it's weird to me but because it has cm support i'd have to say yea we could add support for it
  13. spc_hicks09

spc_hicks09 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Some stupid questions lol.

1. Will this also work if you have a froyo rom and gb rom that you are switching between?

2. Are you saying that when you flash between roms, the app will auto wipe data, cache and dalvik?

3. Let's say I have Chevy's Froyo rom and his SS GB rom on there. If I flash from GB to froyo, then back to GB. Will I have to restore apps?

4. Do you know if any issues have been reported when using this in conjuction with Swapper2?

Sorry if these are all stupid questions, I just never thought anything like this would be possible so I've got tons of questions going through my head right now lol. Very very nice job though! Congrats to you and Conap for making your first app!
  14. gflam

Some stupid questions lol.

1. Will this also work if you have a froyo rom and gb rom that you are switching between?

Yes u can install whatever roms u want to whatever slots gb roms froyo roms whatever makes u happy :) they're all completely separate it's like having 5 different phones basically

2. Are you saying that when you flash between roms, the app will auto wipe data, cache and dalvik?

The app creates imgs into the slots when u install a fresh rom to a slot u should check all the check boxes to wipe data cache and system but it doesn't wipe the data cache and system on ur phone just the slots data cache and system the app doesn't touch any of ur data on ur phone just makes it's own in the sdcard

3. Let's say I have Chevy's Froyo rom and his SS GB rom on there. If I flash from GB to froyo, then back to GB. Will I have to restore apps?

No each slot is saved all of it's data stays there nothing is ever wiped again just like having five phones basically all of ur slots are completely separate all of ur data is separate and saved nothing is lost

4. Do you know if any issues have been reported when using this in conjuction with Swapper2?

Um never used swapper and at the moment honestly not even sure what that is so i'll get back to u tomorrow on this one since i just don't know what it is

Sorry if these are all stupid questions, I just never thought anything like this would be possible so I've got tons of questions going through my head right now lol. Very very nice job though! Congrats to you and Conap for making your first app!

No question is stupid it's a new app with a lot of confusing things i know but i'm always happy to answer anything same with conap so ask whatever u want. Thank you as well we have a few more cool apps planned as well team init 2 win it ftw :)

15. spc_hicks09

spc_hicks09 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Thanks for answering so fast! Swapper2 is an app that installs a file on the sdcard so that you can use the free space on your sdcard for extra memory. Didn't think there would be an issue with it but was just wondering. Thanks again for getting back to me so quick. Can't wait to see what else Init 2 Win It has in store for us!
  16. themadgamer89

themadgamer89 New Member

I'm having a problem and need some help. I installed the app and put ss 5.4 in slot 1 but when I try to boot it up I get stuck on the m logo. Any suggestions

17. spaz33g

spaz33g Rescue Squad Rescue Squad

Just purchased. Sounds great. Should be testing it out tomorrow.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
  18. bplewis24

bplewis24 New Member

I'd love to try this out. In fact it would have been perfect for a Las Vegas road trip I took last week. Even before I left I knew that one ROM was better for multi-tasking while using Navigation, but I didn't want to completely wipe to use that ROM since the other ROM was better for day-to-day use due to customizations.

The only thing is I don't want to have to use CWM recovery in order to use this. So if I use RZR, I have to manually flash a file during each multi-boot reboot?

Brandon
  19. gflam

It will work fine i talked to conap who uses it and he said there's no problem using it with the sd roms

20. gflam

Yea unfortunately the d1 has a more secure boot loader than htc so u'd have to go to the slot and flash the 2mb file manually it's a tiny file to flash though doesn't take long at all but yea only the d1 has to go to recovery all others do it live and with just a reboot

Search tags for this page
boot manager failed to backup boot.img
boot manager older version apk
boot manager tutorial android
booter app
extraction of rom
how to uninstall boot manager android
how to use boot manager,android
multi boot manager xda
remove boot manager android

uninstall boot manager android