[Support] Privacy Blocker

Discussion in 'Xeudoxus' started by xeudoxus, Mar 8, 2011.

1. xeudoxus

xeudoxus Professor X Theme Developer Premium Member Developer

You can give it a try, it helped for me(Although I didnt set mine that high)

v1.1 will be uploaded tonight, you will see it like any other normal app (In the market)

i was just referring to it because ive fixed lots of stuff in that version. (Expect updates every day/every other day)

-Matt
  2. mat4ov

mat4ov New Member

Thanks, I'll keep a look out for it.
  3. rfranken

rfranken New Member

for anyone curious about market updates after having fixed an app here is my experience.

I use the Alarm Clock Plus* app.
    I fixed it with PB and it is working fine so far.
    The link to the market was still in tact as it has an update available today. (was happy to see the market link Not be broken) (nice to still be in the loop if something major was changed in an app and you wanted it...u can i assume uninstall your fixed app and get the new updated one from the market with no issue)

When you try to update it....if fails and says
    "Installation Error
    Package file not signed correctly"

I knew it would fail...but was thinking I read the market link would be broke.
  4. bob24260

bob24260 New Member

Well i had checked and it was already set at 40 and it was fcing so the next notch up was 48.

Sent from my PE DeLorean sans Flux Capacitor
  5. SkullOne

SkullOne New Member

That's good to know. I haven't had anything update yet that I "fixed" so haven't been able to see this yet.

The biggest issue with the D1 though as far as I'm concerned is the lack of memory. I get more apps failing due to OutOfMemory then anything else. Can't wait to get my hands on the Thunderbolt. :icon_ banana:

I didn't have a whole lot of time to really hit the other apps again this afternoon. So I didn't get to really play with the Dolphin Browser like I wanted to. Will take a better look at it all again tonight after I get back from looking at a house with the wife. Hopefully, we can actually get this one. Already been beaten on two other offers. :(
  6. rfranken

rfranken New Member

The Uninstall on the market won't work for uninstalling Fixed apps. You have to uninstall them through the normal phone settings method. (which is fine, I'm just saying)
  7. mat4ov

mat4ov New Member

Thanks for the info on the market!
  8. dennyjones

dennyjones New Member

It would not fix "The Weather Channel". Would not install fixed version. Had to restore.
  9. Rebellion

Rebellion New Member

Xeudoxus,

So far only one app, Calorie Counter has successfully beenrebuilt, the rest either run out of memory or FC.

As I know this is probably your direction I just want to reiterate that you should do your best to keep this an app for all to use, not float over to the rooted ROM side. I used to root my device because it needed it (G1 / HTC Dream) but now I really don't need it. Your app is a must have for any Android user and it really opens our eyes to see what these app companies are doing with our data.

Ever wonder why you are getting marketing calls on your cell phone?! Privacy Blocker will tell you which app is doing it!

One other thought... Maybe we should also keep a repository of fixed apps (free public ones of course) for the apps that stock phones cannot fix but someone with a rooted device was able to fix.

Thoughts?
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2011
  10. mat4ov

mat4ov New Member

I just installed the update and checked out a couple of my apps that wouldn't fix before (the two I tested were weatherbug and ebay) and both seem to fix, however will not install the fixed versions. I've tried installing directly from the app as well as saving to the sd card and installing later. When the install screen comes up it appears to be installing and then gives me the error of "Application not installed" and closes.
  11. SkullOne

SkullOne New Member

Remember to uninstall the previous app first.

As for my findings with version 1.1 so far it's actually quite interesting.

Apps like NFL Mobile and Pandora now actually complete the fixing process and generate an APK. However, the fixes don't take which is really weird.

I'm going to try to figure out Dolphin Browser Mini today. Looks like I will have time unless the wife decides she wants to put an offer in on the house we saw last night (I already told her I want to). ;)

I saw that Elixir got updated during the night so I installed it. PB could fix the previous version but can not fix the current version. Now it fails on smali. So very weird.
  12. bob24260

bob24260 New Member

Still getting fc when trying to post app results to twitter or facebook.It worked intermittently in version 1 at least with twitter,but its force close city in the update.I can be patient though.I still give it ten thumbs up.Awesome work your doing.Worth every penny.When you raise the price I will purchase again and pay the extra if the market will let me.

13. mat4ov

mat4ov New Member

I did uninstall the market versions first before trying to install the modified versions. It saves the apk files fine and appears to be modifying the apps, it just won't install.. I'll mess around with it some more and see if I can find out what's causing it or if it happens with any other apps.

Good luck on the house by the way.
  14. bob24260

bob24260 New Member

Totally off topic but good luck on the house.I know it can be agonizing waiting to see if your offer was accepted.

15. mat4ov

mat4ov New Member

So I just tried deleting the apk files from the sd card, re-downloaded the original apps (both weatherbug and ebay) and started from scratch with fixing the apps. This time I again tried to install the modded app directly from PB and PB gave the following error: "Something happened with the install process, it failed!

RETRY: Retry installing the fixed app again

RESTORE: Install the original app back to phone (if possible)"

First I tried the retry option and it failed the install again and PB gave me the same error. At this point I tried the restore option and I get an error stating the app is not found on the phone. PB appears to be uninstalling the app correctly, it's just not re-installing correctly...
Search tags for this page
how to use privacy blocker for rage of bahamut
peggle the request was unauthorized
peggle unauthorized request

privacy blocker

privacy blocker 1.4.1 apk
privacy blocker apk
privacy blocker crashes
privacy blocker out of memory
privacy blocker out of memory error
privacy blocker rage of bahamut