[Support] Privacy Blocker

Discussion in 'Xeudoxus' started by xeudoxus, Mar 8, 2011.

1. kptphalkon

kptphalkon New Member

I have no problems on a rooted D2G running stock...

Why are private apps not fixable?

Outofmemory only happens on VERY large apps, have not tried increasing dalvik. I seem to run light and have been lucky as most of my apps will work and very few (6 or 8 out of 75) return with issues!

I have a few questions though. Will using this affect an app that reads the phone model to display device specific options? I know that the fixes are selectable, so i could ignore it if i choose. What is the possibility that changing an app that has a LOT of 'problems' will break it's functionality?
  2. xeudoxus

xeudoxus Professor X Theme Developer Premium Member Developer

Because they are in a folder that non-root apps cannot access.

no, although in future versions you will be able to edit the "phone" type.

it is very possible the "fixing" the app can break it, but not because it cannot be fixed, skype has an issue im working on (fixes properly but odd error happen after compile), if the fix is successful then it will not break the app. But in some apps, I have to make a new parser for it. But if the parser is working then it will not break the app.

-Matt
  3. ClumsyNinja21

ClumsyNinja21 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Matt...
    Can u add an uninstall option for quick removal of nasty apps? I love the app tho. Mighty fine work and consider my hat tipped.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
  4. xeudoxus

long press on the app you want to uninstall

Thanks,
    -Matt
  5. ClumsyNinja21

ClumsyNinja21 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Ahhh. The magic of long press. The force is strong in this one :)
    Thank you sir.
  6. kptphalkon

kptphalkon New Member

I love your work, the UI is very clean and easy. I like being able to choose what to fix! Some apps like Juice Defender use certain permissions for phone and radio state, and location (gps for auto-wifi off/on) but also seem to harvest data that is totally unnecessary. Its great to know what is going on behind the scenes.

Is there any possibility that you will include an option for root functions in the future?
  7. xeudoxus

That question i will answer in 2 ways.

I will enable root inside the application for advance options (only way to enable will be a cheat code)

I will have root detection (So the app can detect if another app uses root and if those cmds are bad)

-Matt
  8. kptphalkon

kptphalkon New Member

You're an amazing dev! I hope those downloads are just flooding your bank account :)
  9. dennyjones

dennyjones New Member

Updated today, tried to fix barcode scanner and it failed to work after the fix.
  10. ebolavirus

ebolavirus New Member

K so, I grab the inspector version to see if I had any apps that are doing whatever it is they do and you don't want them to do, yea...whatever......Handcent is the main one coming up with 11 of them...I grab PB from market and put it to use but it doesn't really do anything but scan the apps, back up into 'backup apps' and leave it at that...

I will use handcent for this even though it found other apps it could fix such as ebay, facebook, and jewels but does not work on those either...
    Anyways...I scan handcent, look and it has 11 things that it is able to 'fix'...I choose the fix and it does go through the whole process then I don't know what happens because it's like you just started the app and it's waiting for you to tell it what to do, what's it supposed to be doing at this point?...
    After this fixing I choose to scan the DB for changes and nothing except a couple of FC's...
    It does save the app to 'backup apps' but does not 'auto app save' even though it is selected...
    The handcent icon has 11 next to the eye and a 0 next to the wrench even though I must have done this so called fix 10 times, it remains at 0...Ebay just errors out about step 7 of the fix and FC's...
    I've been through the help, the slide help...etc etc...I can't get this thing to work at all...

Am I missing something...Do you need something like more info or whatever?

Edit...It did go through the entire process of jewels this time, removed and installed the mod app but FC's after that...No longer works...
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2011
  11. TriciaH

TriciaH Member

Weather Network has two found, fixes, installs new modded version, and then no longer works. FC every time. Re-downloaded from market.
  12. SkullOne

SkullOne New Member

Over the weekend while I was out of town I continued to play with PB a little bit. I still haven't been able to really play with Dolphin yet though.

I wish I knew more about development because of what I've seen. With Elixir it's gotten two updates since I started using PB. The first update made PB unable to fix the issues. Then PB v1.2 fixed that. Elixir then received another update. PB v1.2 can fix all of the issues but GPS location now which is really weird. :blink:

With version 1.2 I have 3 or 4 apps that used to fail on smali that now fail on signing. The failure on signing once again is the dreaded OutOfMemory error. Verizon needs to hurry up and bring me my Thunderbolt dammit!
  13. xeudoxus

Ill test out those apps. Bit with version 1.2 im not having very many issues with fixing.

ill check it out.

im working on fixing the "outofmemory" errors, but with a trade-off of performance :(

v1.3 should be out mon/tues

-Matt
  14. SkullOne

SkullOne New Member

Very cool. This is why I wish my brain worked for development. Networks, firewalls, MS stuff, Active Directory, GPO, Sharepoint, Exchange I understand. Coding to me is like learning Greek, Italian, French, and Indian all at the same time.. :icon_eek:
  15. Rebellion

Rebellion New Member

It is working better, some apps now work but I'm still not able to do Angry Birds, DoubleTwist, Jewelust and Movies by Flixster.

Rebellion
  16. HarvesterX™

HarvesterX™ Member

Yeah all seems better with the universe except apps with large classes.dex files fail when trying to fix, understandably. Once you fix the oom errors hopefully this will be resolved.
  17. xeudoxus

For anyone who is having problems fixing, here is my TEST application that I use to test out fixing on PB. If it seems like no app is "Fixing" then try this one and let me know the results.

PhoneID.apk

Thanks,
    -Matt
  18. xeudoxus

Also, v1.3 will have a new cheat code.

"over9000" ;)

-Matt
  19. bob24260

bob24260 New Member

Fixed it no problem.Pretty quick too.Still getting some fc's but the aggravation is still worth the wait.People have to realize that any app of this magnitude is going to take time to iron smooth.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  20. Yonnor

Yonnor I r Teh Greetest

I haven't had any real problems, overall its been working great. The occasionally FC are no big deal to me.

Only gripe is it won't scan several apps: Root Tool's by JRummy, Places by Google, and Evernote.
Search tags for this page
how to use privacy blocker for rage of bahamut
out out memory error privacy blocker
peggle the request was unauthorized
peggle unauthorized request

privacy blocker

privacy blocker 1.4.1 apk
privacy blocker apk
privacy blocker crashes
privacy blocker crashing
privacy blocker out of memory
privacy blocker out of memory error