[Support] Privacy Blocker

Discussion in 'Xeudoxus' started by xeudoxus, Mar 8, 2011.

1. rfranken

rfranken Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm on a Droid X. liberty 1.5 rom.
    my Movies by Flixster fixed and seems to be working fine.

2. xeudoxus

xeudoxus Professor X Theme Developer Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    Your prob right ;) but if you wipe your data "Phone Id" will be reset. So apps would not be able to track you from that point on (and with the frequency that people install new roms, it gets reset often)

Im working on that.

In the works, thats what the "Fingerprint" button is for in the menu in detail... so everyone start using it ;)

(Update will be uploaded today)

Thanks,
    -Matt

3. rfranken

rfranken Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That upload finger print button...does that only upload for the one app your looking at at the time?

I tried it on 3 different apps and after a minute i get FC or wait. i chose wait and then i'm not sure if it sent or what it did as nothing seems to happen.

4. o0HERO0o

o0HERO0o Member

Ratings:
    +0
    while fixing dropbox it got to the unistall and then privacy blocker FC'd on me. Any suggestions?

5. Schoat333

Schoat333 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I had this happen to me once. Try it again.

If you have the settings save the fixed APK automatically, you can uninstall the app, and then navigate to the folder the fixed apk is in, and install it from there. Its on your SD card under "Privacy-blocker/appsave".

6. xeudoxus

Ratings:
    +0
    Use only once, it does the entire db (fc fixed in 1.1)

Fixed in 1.1

7. troutbeck27

troutbeck27 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    OK I messed around with this app last night after work and only got three apps to work/fix.

Beautiful Widgets (1 fix)
    Facebook (2 fixes)
    Alchemy (1 fix)

I tried Handcent, GTunes, Maps, and Latitude and all failed at 5 out of 7 even after closing all my running apps except the ones I need for basic phone functions.

Also received a phone call will I was running this app and my phone completely locked up. Had to pull the battery to get the phone to function again.

8. SkullOne

SkullOne Member

Ratings:
    +0
    OK...here comes a TLDR post. :icon_eek:

This is every bit of information I've gathered from my device and applications for everybody's information. My apologies if any of this is repeated but I didn't want to read all the pages just to pull out a few lines of information.

I am including apps that have 0 issues as well in case it helps people swap out apps for another that does the same thing but doesn't spy on you.

Hopefully some of this helps Xeudoxus make this app even better. All apps have had their fingerprints sent as well.

ADW Laucher Ex - 0 issues
    Angry Birds Seasons - 0 issues
    Angry Birds - 2 issues - Fails at the end of smali
    Battle.net Authenticator - 0 issues
    Bubble Blast 2 - 3 issues - Fails at the end of smali
    Chess (Aart Bik) - 0 issues
    DC Metro Transit - 3 issues - Fix completes - Application works correctly
    Dolphin Browser Mini - 8 issues - Fix completes - Application FC's immediately. More information to come.
    Droidwall - 0 issues
    Dropwords - 0 issues
    ES File Explorer - 1 issue (Network Connected) - Fails at the end of smali
    Elixir - 19 issues - Fix completes - Application appears to be working but I only use a single 1x1 widget for RAM usage information.
    Fancy Widget - 1 issue (Network Type Code) - Fix completes - Have not installed fixed version. Application uses Mobile or WiFi information for a setting based on connection if you want to get constant updates versus every few hours. I consider this safe.
    Google Goggles - 7 issues - Fails at the end of smali
    Latitude - PB crashes during scan
    Google Listen - 1 issue - Fix completes - Application works correctly
    Manga Browser - 0 issues
    Maps - PB crashes during scan
    Meridian Media Player - 1 issue - Fix completes - Application works correctly
    My Verizon - 4 issues - Fails smali - No big deal. Some of that data is needed to pull account information. Plus Verizon already knows everything about your phone.
    NFL Mobile - 12 issues - Fails and end of smali - This app is the worst on my phone for invasion of privacy in my opinion. Hope Xeudoxus can get this one fixed or I'm going to trash it and call it malicious.
    Navigation - PB crashes during scan
    NESoid Lite - 0 issues
    Ninjump - 3 issues - Fails at end of smali
    Pandora - 3 issues - Fails at end of smali
    Places - PB crashes during scan
    ROM Manager - 2 issues (Phone Type, Unique ID) - Fix completes. Application appears to be functioning correctly. Scared to Flash a recovery with fixed application since Recovery is so important. Will probably not bother fixing this unless somebody else is brave enough to actually flash their device with the fixed version.
    SNESoid Lite - 0 issues
    SetCPU - 0 issues
    Shazam - 7 issues - Fails at end of smali
    TV.com - private app - will probably remove due to that
    Tank Hero - 1 issue (Cell Tower Name) - Fix completes - App then FC's constantly upon starting it.
    Terminal Emulator (Jack Palevich) - 0 issues
    Trillian - 1 issue - Fix completes - Application works correctly.
    Twidroyd - 7 issues - Fails at end of smali
    USAA - 2 issues - Fails at end of smali - Don't care as the information is used for security purposes by USAA.
    YouTube - 3 issues - Fails at end of smali
    Zedge - 1 issue - Fails at end of smali
    dropcap2 - 0 issues.

The Google apps like Navigation, Maps, Places, Latitude I'm not too worried about. Goggles and YouTube have no business accessing what they do.

In the long run apps that access a single thing like Network Connected or Network Type are not a big deal to me. If I can't fix them, well no harm no foul.

The ones that matter are the apps that access unique data (Cell Tower name, location, etc) or do BS like Elixir and NFL Mobile do. :icon_evil: :icon_evil: :icon_evil: :icon_evil: :icon_evil:

Will post more information on Dolphin Browser Mini in a little while. Going to fix it in a few different ways to see if I can narrow down which piece causes the constant FC.

9. Rebellion

Rebellion New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    SkullOne, just wondering why the location or cell tower is a high priority? I truly mind the unique ID, phone number, SIM ID, that's BS I don't mind the location.

Just wondered your stance as it may change mine as I may not be seeing something that you are.

Thanx!

10. SkullOne

SkullOne Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't mind location if it is an application that actually makes use of it. Something like Maps (obviously), Fancy Widgets (weather information), or any of the actual weather apps out there. However, why does a game like Tank Hero need anything that could track your location? Well the easy answer is it doesn't need that information.

Ad based applications don't need that information to actually show ads. So in the long run that information should never be accessed unless it is for a completely legit reason.

Bottom line is location information gives just that: your location. As a user you should be aware of what applications are giving away your location so you can decide if that app actually deserves to do it.

11. bob24260

bob24260 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I uninstalled and reinstalled Privacy Blocker to see if it would fix the issues I was having.So far I was able to successfully"fix"xda app that had 1 issue.A problem I am having is it forcecloses when I try to use the email,twitter or facebook link from within the app.Suggestions?iIm averaging 70 to 80 MB's memory with it running so I dont think its a memory issue.

Sent from my PE DeLorean sans Flux Capacitor

12. xeudoxus

Ratings:
    +0
    Although you have 70-80m free of memory, every app is limited to the 16,24,30m VM heap (Which is where Privacy Blocker runs into problem) I tested raising the VM Heap limit to 37m (And Privacy Blocker didnt FC as much) but it took a performance hit.

v1.1 should fix a lot of the FC issues (some OutOfMemory, and app FC's) I did not work on any app parsing though (If you FC on 5/7 and it not a OutOfMemory Error) App problem reporting is functioning in v1.1 so use that if you find some apps that have issued (Its gives you 4 different options to choose from) which will allow me to organizing the FC apps better.

Thanks,
    -Matt

13. bob24260

bob24260 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If I increase my VM to around 48 would that solve fc?I have that option in Elite Options .Im running PE 5.02

14. bob24260

bob24260 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Of course I would set it back to regular aettings after fixiny apps

15. mat4ov

mat4ov Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This may be a really stupid question, but where can I get v1.1? When I go to the market it still shows v1.0 and I checked the website and that's also still showing v1.0...

Search tags for this page
how to use privacy blocker for rage of bahamut
peggle the request was unauthorized
peggle unauthorized request

privacy blocker

privacy blocker 1.4.1 apk
privacy blocker apk
privacy blocker crashes
privacy blocker out of memory
privacy blocker out of memory error
privacy blocker rage of bahamut