[Support] Privacy Blocker

Discussion in 'Xeudoxus' started by xeudoxus, Mar 8, 2011.

1. jramey

jramey New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    While trying to Fix Alchemy: Warning message.

Sorry!
    The application Privacy Blocker (process com. xeudoxus.priccy.blocker) has stopped unexpectadly. Please Try Again

Force Close.

This came up any ideas.

2. rfranken

rfranken Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I went ahead and fixed Dolphin HD. It FC's so often now it is unusable.
    If others are having FC's with certain apps post them here to I don't bother trying to fix them.

3. SkullOne

SkullOne Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Been fixing apps all day lol. Just purchased the app as promised. Love how it seamlessly upgraded the beta to release. :D

Question about the "Phone Call" setting. If we send the junk data that it doesn't stop a phone call from interrupting what you're doing does it?

4. rfranken

rfranken Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've only had about 2 of my last 10 apps work. They are scanning...but then won't fix. will go through the process then at the end say it failed in red at the bottom.
    apps that are nothing special
    dictionary
    jewels
    first aid
    several others. i've tried rebooting...no go.
    only about 20% of my apps are "fixing"

5. xeudoxus

xeudoxus Professor X Theme Developer Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    Ive started fixing the errors in the "Reports" I have been getting, next ill work on problems like these.

No, but let me know the problem with market and ill take a look.

In time im going to make smali/baksmali perform better, but for now, killing the running apps is all I can think of.

When putting apps on the market you have an option to "make app private" which puts them into the "/data/private-app/" instead of the "/data/app/" folder.

Im working on this.

That is odd, everyones should be reporting the same thing (Unless) they have a different version that didnt or did have these issues.

It depends on how big the "classes.dex" is, not really how but the entire app is (They could just have tons of images).

It depends on where your att in the process (I only allow canceling if the app can do it safely)

On the scroll, you will have to give me more details. Im not sure what you are talking about.

-

Thanks

I have it keep on the screen so nothing in the app gets "shutdown" but ill run some tests and see if I can make the app handle that.

Ill check out that application.

Ill check it out.

Ill check out those apps.

-Matt

6. xeudoxus

Ratings:
    +0
    How do you think the PB/PI should determined if the app is "bad". Currently I just have it look at the highest "problem" and use that. But depending on the app, its really not an issue and you would "not" want to fix it (Example: location on Maps.apk)

I want to try and avoid me going through each apps to make my "own" assessment to see whats bad or good (and that list be included in the app or download results).

-Matt

7. bob24260

bob24260 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am having a problem maybe you can help with.Every app I scan and subsequently try to fix force closes on smali.It wont let me do anything but scan and attempt to fix.It wont let me report to you either.I checked and i have plenty of memory and Im not running a task killer.Suggestions?

Even though Im having problems I still think its a great app and I appreciate your hard work.

Sent from my PE DeLorean sans Flux Capacitor

8. yoyoche

yoyoche New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I think it is ok the way it is now. There is no way you can go through every possible app four this. There will have to be some trial and error. Plus reading the experiences of other users.
    I have had a couple of apps that were fixed, only to not work when trying to relaunch. They really weren't necessary apps for me so I just deleted them. Plus it's early yet, more feedback is really needed yet. And that will be coming shortly with what this app is capable of doing.

Amazing job X

9. xeudoxus

Ratings:
    +0
    Any app that "fails/crashes" on smali (5/7) or fails to install after "fixed" let me know that app name. Because there are so many apps "and different coding possibility's" I have to make new parsers for apps that have problems.

-Matt

10. bob24260

bob24260 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So far dx top pro fc'd on 5/7 smali and Amazon went all the way through until presented with install option then fc'd.It still wont let me report the problem to you.I will report problems and fc's here for time being.I have about 80 apps and I will go through them individually.

Sent from my PE DeLorean sans Flux Capacitor

11. mat4ov

mat4ov Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Maybe you could have different categories and the user can put the app into the appropriate category (i.e. browsers could be put into a category for 'requires network communication'). If you did this then you'd have to ensure each app could be put into multiple categories and it could be annoying to do this for every app, but it'd only have to be done once for the initial run, and then all of the category data could be saved so the user wouldn't have to do it again. You'd also have to configure it for apps that update, but updates need configured as it is anyway.

I know this is more work for the user, but I can't think of any other way to accurately determine if something is a threat or not...

12. mat4ov

mat4ov Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Weatherbug wouldn't install after being "fixed"

edit for spelling

13. eagle1967

eagle1967 Developer Developer

Ratings:
    +8
    Heya X

Wondered where you'd gone.

I have a couple thoughts on this.

It looks like it will be a indispensable app
    in the future. But needs alot of interaction from both users and yourself ot make this a functional app from everything i have read.

The problem is that the free only scans which is worthless in helping improve and perfect this app.
    and even though 1.99 is not a big deal it is to many and this app is not getting the reviews that will get the amount of people and different users to trouble shoot all the problems, i believe.

This is of course your app and it appears you have done a tremendous amount of work. just making smali/backsmali work on android i am sure was a chore in itself.

Just wanted to give you a suggestion since i would really like this app in a working form.

needs to be a way to get this our to the masses for testing and feedback. and i dont think people will pay 1.99 with the errors reported. i really think a time out version and than raise price of final to 3-5 dollars may make you the monies you need to support this project. while getting the feedback you need.

Please dont take this as a bashing or complaint. I just think what you are working on is a superb idea and would love to have this in a final working version , but think you need the feedback from all the different phones,os,apps and so-on.

I know i wouldnt want to undertake what you have gotten yourself into :)
    I know you want quality and will spend every minute until you achieve that , your gonna be a busy man. Good luck and hope you are able to achieve the final results you obviously have for this great idea.

thanks for your time

eagle1967

14. ChaoticSheep

ChaoticSheep New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have a few questions about this app.

If we have already used an app for a long time the app has probably already gotten what it wants right? Is there any need to use this app to fix it if its already transmitted our phone numbers, contacts, etc

How come LauncherPro doesn't show up in the DB?

Will there be an online database to see what apps have already been scanned by other users so we can see before we install the app?

I've bought the app already and I love it! Can't wait for more updates

Last edited: Mar 10, 2011
  15. Rebellion

Rebellion New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    xeudoxus,

It's also happening on my HTC Desire (Stock 2.2).

I'm also having issues with the following applications:

Documents to Go (Purchased) - Closes on scan - I imagine a memory thing
    Calorie Counter - Failed on Fixing - after step 5/7
    3D Gallery - Will not scan, claims it's a private app
    Movies by Flixster - Failed on Fixing - after step 5/7
    Jewellust (Purchased) - Failed on Fixing - after step 5/7
    DoubleTwist - Closes on fixing - after step 5/7
    MyBackup Pro (Purchased) Fails as well

Search tags for this page
how to use privacy blocker for rage of bahamut
peggle the request was unauthorized
peggle unauthorized request