Superuser still on phone after FDR!

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Wait, let me back track. It did unroot the phone, but the super user is still there. I can't find any options for the SU delete.

The only way to delete the superuser.apk is with a file explorer like "Root Explorer" ... (which requires root) ... go into /system/app and delete superuser.apk (if it tells you that it can't delete because it's read only, you will see a box that says "Mount R/W" ... tap that and then delete the .apk :)

EDIT: "Root Browser Lite" is a free app. Root Explorer is a paid app. Both will delete SU

Then reboot after you delete it.

Last edited:

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Thanks MattyP I will try this and advise!

Make sure you are still rooted. (All the boxes are checked in Rootkeeper)

Use the file manager to delete the .apk

Then reboot the phone and unroot with Rootkeeper. That should do it. :)

OP
aarong03

aarong03

Reaction score
Make sure you are still rooted. (All the boxes are checked in Rootkeeper)

Use the file manager to delete the .apk

Then reboot the phone and unroot with Rootkeeper. That should do it. :)

Ok, worked I'm back to stock. Should I root it then add voodoo or the other way around? Also what is the difference between 211 and 215 and should I go to 215? Thanks!

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ok, worked I'm back to stock. Should I root it then add voodoo or the other way around? Also what is the difference between 211 and 215 and should I go to 215? Thanks!

.215 is much better than .211 ... just about everyone who has gone to .215 has noticed improvements, especially with battery life. (But everyone's phone is used differently)

If you are on .211 now, you have a choice. You can root, unroot with Rootkeeper, and restore root with Rootkeeper after going to .215, or you can go to .215 and root after using Matt's 1.8 Utility. That's up to you.

Here is everything you need to know about .215 in this thread:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-support/217843-mattyps-215-leak-classroom.html

E
DIT: If you are stock .211 and not rooted you will do course #1 to get to .215. Read the entire first post! :)

OP
aarong03

aarong03

Reaction score
.215 is much better than .211 ... just about everyone who has gone to .215 has noticed improvements, especially with battery life. (But everyone's phone is used differently)

If you are on .211 now, you have a choice. You can root, unroot with Rootkeeper, and restore root with Rootkeeper after going to .215, or you can go to .215 and root after using Matt's 1.8 Utility. That's up to you.

Here is everything you need to know about .215 in this thread:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-support/217843-mattyps-215-leak-classroom.html

E
DIT: If you are stock .211 and not rooted you will do course #1 to get to .215. Read the entire first post! :)

Awesome, thank-you kind Sir! I will read and then decide. Thanks again

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
View attachment 53997I'm getting an error when I try to apply the .215 update. I followed the instructions in you class room.Please se attached image to see the error. I think I need to do a FDR before installing the .215. Please let me know thanks. View attachment 53997

You're running a custom ROM? It says in big red letters in the instructions you cannot be running a custom ROM. It has to be STOCK .211, no root no ROM.

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I had no idea, how do I get back to stock?

I will find out and let you know. I don't ROM, so I don't know the first thing about them. I just know you can't be rooted or have a ROM. It has to be complete stock .211

OP
aarong03

aarong03

Reaction score
I will find out and let you know. I don't ROM, so I don't know the first thing about them. I just know you can't be rooted or have a ROM. It has to be complete stock .211
Ok, thanks so much. I had no idea I was on a custom ROM.

OP
aarong03

aarong03

Reaction score
Can I use Matt's utility 1.8 option 1 to fastboot restore to 6.16.211 (ICS 4.0.4 Official OTA Software)

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I don't know the answer to this either but I bet sydman does. Sydman, where are you?