1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Superuser 3.0 Issue

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by widetc, Oct 1, 2011.

1. widetc

widetc New Member

I am having problems updating my old Superuser 2.3.6.3 to the new Superuser 3.0 from the Market. It tells me that there is a sign error or something like that when the app is trying to install to my phone. I was wanting to know if I can delete my old Superuser and then install the newer Superuser without any problems or will these cause me to lose root? Is there another way to get this app to update like clearing the data from both the Market and the old Superuser app?

Thanks in advance.
  2. DF Smod

DF Smod New Member

Try the SuperUser Update Fixer application by the developer of the SuperUser application, it's free in the Market

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
  3. jrshelton13

jrshelton13 New Member

I had the same problem with trying to update to 3.0. The app kept saying there was an error or something. I also tried the su update fixer but didn't work either. So I uninstalled the su app, it seemed to take a few minutes, but once it was done I reinstalled it from the market and everything seemed to work. Also used the root checker and verified everything was good, hope this helps!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  4. widetc

widetc New Member

I will give the Superuser update fixer a try and if that doesnt work. I will delete it and then reinstall the app from the market. So there wasnt any problems with the phone after deleting Superuser or losing root?
  5. jrshelton13

jrshelton13 New Member

No, even after I uninstalled it I checked one if the many root only apps to see if I was still rooted and it allowed me to access it but wouldn't allow me to check the "remember" block when it ask for root access. During this process I checked root checker and it said there was a problem with root, but I could still access those programs, so I'm not sure what or if any problems occurred. From what I understand, and someone please correct me if I am wrong, that app only allows you to keep track and allow/deny apps to have root permissions, it doesn't really uproot/root the phone, that exploit has already been ran and you would have to do the unroot/fxz or sbf or whatever its called. I may be wrong but once again I hope this helps!

6. widetc

widetc New Member

Your right about the program only checking to see if the app is root or not/ keep tabs on those apps. Okay, I will now go ahead and try those steps you mention to me earlier. Thanks again.
  7. jrshelton13

jrshelton13 New Member

Good luck and let us know if it worked!

Search tags for this page

superuser 2.3.6.3

uninstall superuser 3.0