SuperOneClick..will it root FRG83D?

RenegadeX28

Reaction score
I keep getting that ANNOYING update prompt to update to FRG83D. My phone is currently rooted, and I know updating will erase root. I read somewhere SuperOneClick will root FRG83D? Is this true? I really dont wanna update and then lose root.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
It will root your Droid but it won't stop the notification. Only way to stop the notification is to accept it and update or install a ROM.

You can get a stock rooted ROM easily enough if a custom ROM isn't to your tastes.

dasanman69

Reaction score
I keep getting that ANNOYING update prompt to update to FRG83D. My phone is currently rooted, and I know updating will erase root. I read somewhere SuperOneClick will root FRG83D? Is this true? I really dont wanna update and then lose root.

I lost root with the update and used superoneclick to get root on 2.2.1. It should be easier if you unroot first then update then use superoneclick. I've also heard there's an updated Z4root that will root it as well but I'm not sure if that.

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
All the methods posted here use the same RATC attack to root your phone. The only difference is if the other parts of the apps have been modified for 2.2.1/FRG83D.