"Supercharger" Questions

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by DroidJ, Jun 6, 2011.

1. DroidJ

DroidJ Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm interested in doing the Supercharger script to my phone, but I rarely run scripts so this is new to me. I'm running Chevy's Simply Stunning 5.4 Gingerbread. I'm not very sure to clear compcaches, and other caches. Honestly, I've been reading over this a good bit but I just don't understand some of the parts I need to do. But this is something I would enjoy my phone to have. Can somebody give me any info? Thanks in advance.

2. DroidJ

DroidJ Member

Ratings:
    +0
    bump

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

3. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I to am running ss5.4 and installed it. What I did was disable compcache in preformance under chevey settings. Than reboot in recovery and wipe cache. Use root explorer to delete ro
    .home_app_adjustment=1 in local.prop and build.prop than uncheck lock home in memory in CM settings. Reboot. Than run the script in script manager. Start with setting 6 (balanced 2) and reborn again. Should be good to go.

4. DroidJ

DroidJ Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Can I use any file manager, or specifically root manager?

5. spc_hicks09

spc_hicks09 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +34
    Current Phone Model:
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Twitter:
    spc_hicks09
    This is just my opinion but seriously, I ran it for a week and noticed no difference in my battery life or functionality at all so I just deleted it.

6. DroidJ

DroidJ Member

Ratings:
    +0
    from what I understand, all droids are different in the hacking way haha, but I just don't understand all of this. I can say I'm experienced with hacks, but scripts I just don't know about. I just don't really understand all of the steps and what I need to do

7. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Yeah I'm running it and its hard to tell if its making much of a difference. It definitely isn't making my battery any worse and it definitely isn't affecting performance in a negative way. So that's why I've kept it on. It seems like it is opening and closing apps a little faster, but maybe I'm imagining that haha.

It really isn't that hard to do. This was my 1st loading a script too. Just follow the steps and if you can find my thread in Chevy's thread called SS5.4 and V6 supercharger all your questions should be answered there. Read that first along with the instructions in the v6 sticky and I'll be fine.

8. bigeric828

bigeric828 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I run it and it makes a HUGE difference.

eliminated nearly 100% of redraws. Run a big app like netflix or angry birds. watch/play for like 10 minutes then just hit the home button. You'll often get a redraw of your home screen but WITH supercharger you won't have this problem anymore.

Also, open your browser then go to a random website then press the home key. Then open soemthing like angry birds the enter any level. Now normally if i did this then tried to reopen my browser it would have been killed and i'd be back at my home page but with supercharger, i can have both still in memory. Note: you may still be able to open browser with stock minfrees but if you then try to reopen angry birds after reopening your browser, angry birds will almost surely have been killed but again, it won't be with supercharger.

9. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay Member

Ratings:
    +1
    What setting are you running? I've really only been using balanced 2. I think need to try some other settings.

Sent from my phiremod for Nook using DroidForums

10. bigeric828

bigeric828 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Im using balanced 2 as well. Supercharge along with compcache is jsut a sick combo.

11. Dwyndal

Dwyndal Member

Ratings:
    +0
    When you say compcache are you talking about your rom or an script or mod to use, i have seen compcache in some of my roms but not all and was curious if i'm missing something else. I have been using agressive on this script on both bugless and SS 5.4 with no issues i don't use a home launcher so maybe that helps my redraws.

Currently i'm on DC10 and supercharger won't stick so i'm not sure if i will keep re-applying it via script widget or set my minfrees in process monitor widget.

Also, I didn't notice a lot of redraws when on bugless and SS but my minfrees were close to these so maybe that is why. But i like the idea of a bootable script versus a widget run setting, then again i'm not sure of the value of either direction.

12. DroidJ

DroidJ Member

Ratings:
    +0
    is this confusing to anyone else or is it just me hahaha

Search tags for this page
android disable compcache
disable compcache
disable compcache android
disable compcache on incredible 2 android
how to disable compcache in android