Supercharged v6/v8

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by jpin321, Aug 15, 2011.

DroidForums.net is the premier Android Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
  1. jpin321

jpin321 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I keep seeing this on signatures everywhere. So I thought I'd check it out. But I can't seem to find any info, I found some discussions on settings for v6 and i saw a few things on v8. But the thing is I still don't know exactly what they do I know they are scripts. But who writes them, where do i get them, how do i use them, do they help? I have tons of questions and my searching both here and Google isn't revealing anything new for me. So is anyone using these can you give me some quick info or where to get it at least? Thanks forum.
  2. simon_lefisch

simon_lefisch Member

Ratings:
    +0
  3. BrUhNiGGs

BrUhNiGGs Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Haha, such as me? Basically zeplin (creator of supercharger) provides two scripts to get a little "taste" of v8 supercharger that, will come soon. One is the 98kickasskernel script and the 3GTurboCharger script which boosts 3g mobile data likw downloading stuff using service faster. Its Very helpful.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  4. Bpowder33

Bpowder33 Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Just ran supercharged script the other day and am very impressed with results. My concern is, in the instructions it says to disable the lock in home screen option in Cyanogen settings, but it does not let me in ss 5.4? Is this really necessary bc im not getting redraws? Any feedback would be appreciated. ChevyNo1 rules!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  5. jpin321

jpin321 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I would like to know about that as well. I ran the scripts and all of then seemed to cause me lag. I finally had to restore my backup to fix it. Could it be because I couldn't uncheck lock home in memory?

Sent from my Simply Stunning Droid.
  6. metalspring

metalspring Silver Member

Ratings:
    +24
    Go to the build.prop and look for the line near the end that says something like
    home_app_adj=1
    And put a # in front of it, save and reboot...then you can uncheck lock home in memory
    Also be sure to disable compcache before running the script and then enable it again after rebooting (if you want compcache on anyway)

7. 666ogre666

666ogre666 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Does anyone have the issue of the supercharger adding performance in the beggining then slowly slowing down? For whatever reason it seems to make it lightning fast for only a few days...

8. Bpowder33

Bpowder33 Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Thx metal! All good now

9. BrUhNiGGs

BrUhNiGGs Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Im gettn about 50/226 mb free with supercharge - hard to kill launcher dancedroid

Sent from my DROID using Tapatalk
  10. middleP

middleP Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have noted the same thing (as well as the 5.4 ROM)... but have high hopes that this will no longer be an issue with 5.5!

In the mean time, killing tasks and wiping cache has helped.
  11. Bpowder33

Bpowder33 Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Seems like every rom i've ran on my droid bogs down after a couple days. I use an app called refresh for android thats does a scheduled reboot every night and really has helped keep things snappy, also clearing cache every week helps.

12. 666ogre666

666ogre666 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I have cache cleaner doing a clean everynight and I reboot when I wake up, I meant that supercharger in particular slows down a lot after a couple days

13. metalspring

Ratings:
    +24
    Try clearing the dalvik cache every day or at least every few days...it can get cluttered and slow things down...even then roms still tend to slow down after awhile, maybe its just a buildup of storing little bits of information that even a cache cleaner, rebooting and clearing the dalvik cache can't get rid of?

14. metalspring

Ratings:
    +24
    Btw a tip for swap and compcache
    If your rom doesn't have a setting to auto-start compcache and you have an init.d folder just add
    Compcache start
    To the end of any file in init.d
    To auto start swap without swapper2 add
    Swapon /dev/block/mmcblk0p3
    To a file in init.d
    I'm not sure that you can do this with a regular swap file on the sdcard (the default setting for swapper2 btw) because it isn't mounted until after fully booting and init.d scripts are run before then

15. bullswife98

bullswife98 Member

Ratings:
    +7
    OK,so I dwnlded this file supercharge script and all the required apps like script manager, root explorer ect... read the tutorial (5 times) and still have no clue as to what I'm supposed to do. I know I need this as Im experiencing redraws an extreme lag especially when I get a call. Phone rings and vibrates but no screen. Lots of no notifications with mms and gmail not showing and they are locked in memory. Everyone that uses this have great reports on it so what am I doing wrong? When I run it in scripts manager it looks nothing like the tutorial only the first screen shot matches. I hit my screen when it says to and put 1 in there, I hit run and that's it. I exit out and it asks leave in background I hit yes and exit back too my homescreen, reboot phone and now what? Is it working? Or not? Can anyone here give me some step by step instructions? Another note when I go back to the tutorial and look at the other screenshots I don't have those on my screen. Like to put the 6,8,28 thing and also don't have the option to unchecked lock home in memory either its grayed out and still checked. Btw I'm doing this all on my phone so I have to go back and forth on setting this up. No computer or internet not even wifi.

Oh and sorry for the long post.

Thanks in advance!

ROOTED DROID1
    ROM: SIMPLY STUNNING v5.4
    KERNEL: CHEVYNO1 LV1.1
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2011
Search tags for this page

android supercharged v8

download v8 supercharger

supercharged v8 android

supercharger v8

supercharger v8 android