Superbowl in VR

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
crop_exact_preview.jpg

If you have a cable subscription that supports Fox Sports then you are in luck if you have a VR headset. This Sunday you will be able to watch the Superbowl in VR.

Though this is a nice feature I feel like that almost takes away from the SB, especially if you are at a SB party. But if you are watching the SB alone at home or you just looking for a way to spice up the party a little then this may be something to check out. Given that VR is not comfortable enough to go the entire SB with, this is obviously testing the waters.

Is this something you will be looking to try?

Sources: FOX Sports VR - Android Apps on Google Play
You can watch Super Bowl 51 live and in VR

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Hmm...I might try this out. AFAIK, we don't have any plans to attend any party, so we'll be bumming around at home. Might be worth the download to check out. Though, if it's just like you're watching from a box and not actual 360 cameras at field level, I'm not sure that it's worth the hassle.

Guess I can only try it and see.

Kinda weird that the description of the app doesn't seem to mention watching the SB. You'd think that'd be emphasized in the app listing somewhere. I'm guessing they're not expecting a ton of people to try it.

Like you said, most people who care are going to a party to watch and won't want to bother with this.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hmm...I might try this out. AFAIK, we don't have any plans to attend any party, so we'll be bumming around at home. Might be worth the download to check out. Though, if it's just like you're watching from a box and not actual 360 cameras at field level, I'm not sure that it's worth the hassle.

Guess I can only try it and see.

Kinda weird that the description of the app doesn't seem to mention watching the SB. You'd think that'd be emphasized in the app listing somewhere. I'm guessing they're not expecting a ton of people to try it.

Like you said, most people who care are going to a party to watch and won't want to bother with this.
Yeah but there will always be one at the party with this on knocking over the chips and the drinks while watching and trying to snack. #soiled carpet

Everyone tries to avoid it but there will always be one who will find a way, despite all efforts put in place to prevent it, to spill something on someone's carpet.

"Dude".

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk