Super Sunday Evening Chat:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
n-SUPER-BOWL-2014-large570.jpg
Most of us right now are watching the game and as I write this Seattle is on their way to becoming Superbowl Champs.

1) Your favorite Superbowl Commercial (top 3)
motorola-lenovo-deal.png

2) Now that we have had time to cool our heads, Is there any way that Motorola can continue their momentum under the leadership of Lenovo?

3) With Mobile World Conference about 3 weeks away, what do you expect to see there (if anything) as far as device manufacturers are concerned?

jspradling7

Reaction score
The KIA / Matrix commercial was good. The rest haven't really impressed me, sorta like the Broncos. : )

I definitely won't be jumping on the next Moto device. I want to see what they do with the Texas plant first. And I will definitely be keeping my custom Moto X.

I hope to see the SGS5. It's the only device I'm waiting for right now.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Doritos time machine was awesome!

If they mate Lenovo camera with moto battery and radios, we might have an absolute best smartphone in our future.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
In my opinion this is bad for Moto. Lenovo has never done anything to instill any confidence that they have a clear vision and direction for, well, anything. So I will be in "wait and see" mode. I personally loved the marriage between Google and Moto and thought the future looked bright with that.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
I agree. This is a marriage that should have never happened. The children of Lenovo and Motorola will not be well liked in school. They will be teased, and bullied by Samsung. How unfortunate.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
P.S. I loved the T-Mobile Tim Tebow commercial!

I actually missed that one but will check it out.

I liked [video=youtube;almD91uQ6qA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=almD91uQ6qA[/video]

As far as Motorola it truly is a wait and see. If Lenovo can stay out of Motorola's way and allow them to continue the momentum then maybe. But we know they are going to look back and go "Since the Motorola Droid (in 2009) you have been losing money. The only other success was the Motorola X (which came late and because the price was dropped). We are here to make money so that means changing a few things to do that".

The question is what will Lenovo change, will they sacrifice build quality, open up to designing a one (or 2) featured phone(s) a year on every carrier to compete with Samsung and HTC, or take the Moto G as the cue and look at building a bunch of low end phone that can sell in the over seas markets?

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Teebow
[video=youtube;tyK2UG334C8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyK2UG334C8[/video]

jspradling7

Reaction score
As far as Motorola it truly is a wait and see. If Lenovo can stay out of Motorola's way and allow them to continue the momentum then maybe. But we know they are going to look back and go "Since the Motorola Droid (in 2009) you have been losing money. The only other success was the Motorola X (which came late and because the price was dropped). We are here to make money so that means changing a few things to do that".

The question is what will Lenovo change, will they sacrifice build quality, open up to designing a one (or 2) featured phone(s) a year on every carrier to compete with Samsung and HTC, or take the Moto G as the cue and look at building a bunch of low end phone that can sell in the over seas markets?

That makes me wonder if Moto's radios are dependant on those patents they lost. If Samsung suddenly starts producing Moto quality radios via some help from their Google friends... damn, I'm becoming a conspiracy theorist.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
That makes me wonder if Moto's radios are dependant on those patents they lost. If Samsung suddenly starts producing Moto quality radios via some help from their Google friends... damn, I'm becoming a conspiracy theorist.
Regardless we know that 2014 device will be Motorola's it is going to take at least a year before things become final and Lenovo has an influence. Lenovo can not make any real changes until it become legal across the board between government agencies and what not (correction can not become official until money changes hands and pockets get lined). So those swearing off Motorola wait we may get one last hoorah out of this one.

jspradling7

Reaction score
Good point. I didn't think of that, even though I should have since Google said the same thing 2 years ago.