Super-Powered Mystery Verizon HTC Device Benchmarked; 1080p Display & More

Usuallyfaded

Reaction score
This will be the tablet form, the phone will have a 720p screen, everyone relax, and yes technology is always going forward.
Now my question will be, what size battery will HTC go with for such a powerful device, since all their devices have small battery issues.

Exactly what I was thinking. Hopefully they adopt battery life as a selling point and it might happen. A good example is RAZR Maxx, its out sold the RAZR on that alone.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

mgrande

Reaction score
Havent heard much about this phone in a while

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

HomePC

Reaction score
How about a zoom camera?

This thread was mentioning cameras, how about a smartphone that had a physical "zoom" lens on it. That'd be cool. Not a software zoom, which just blows up the pic and makes it blurry/pixelated, but an actual lens that would extend from the phone by an inch or two. Camera manufacturers would loose business on their lower-end consumer market.

bacK_N_87

Reaction score
HomePC said:
This thread was mentioning cameras, how about a smartphone that had a physical "zoom" lens on it. That'd be cool. Not a software zoom, which just blows up the pic and makes it blurry/pixelated, but an actual lens that would extend from the phone by an inch or two. Camera manufacturers would loose business on their lower-end consumer market.

Nikon may have something for you in the near future.

mgrande

Reaction score

I doibt that will happen. Camera lenses act up when dirt, or in this case lint from your pocket, get in there.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

electricman58

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"ROOTED" Droid Turbo
That's what we're all waiting for! Lol, but:
1. Just incorporating a miniature Zoom lens to the phone will cost quite a bit!
2. Camera MFG's have "Patents" on this, so that would cost even more!
3. And they would be shooting themselves in the foot if they released those Patents!
No one would buy cameras anymore!?

Phone MFG's Will have to reinvent the Camera completely and circumvent those Patents! That's gonna cost billions! 0-0

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

Last edited:

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
electricman58 said:
That's what we're all waiting for! Lol, but:
1. Just incorporating a miniature Zoom lens to the phone will cost quite a bit!
2. Camera MFG's have "Patents" on this, so that would cost even more!
3. And they would be shooting themselves in the foot if they released those Patents!
No one would buy cameras anymore!?

Phone MFG's Will have to reinvent the Camera completely and circumvent those Patents! That's gonna cost billions! 0-0

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

And what the camera manufacturers don't have patented I'm sure Apple does.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums