Super Mario RPG Legend of the Seven Stars

td854

Reaction score
Does this run better on an OC'd droid? Sounds really choppy on default speed

Big Lou

Reaction score
The second I saw that Super Mario RPG worked, I purchased the full app. I had no reason until now.

Now if only I could find a PC emulator that reads and writes the same save file...
same here i play often on my comp at home and was wondering if the save files can transfer right where i left off on my droid and vice versa

You just have to rename the .sav files to whatever the emulator on your PC is using and that should work.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-games/36979-snesoid-pc-counterpart.html#post395062

LOL, that's my thread too. I still haven't gotten the renamed saves to work... :(

Big Lou

Reaction score
Well, never figured it out, but I guess that's okay... I just beat Smithy on my Droid. ;)

bryanbmx

Reaction score
What specific one would I download to getg it to work on the droid? I got a rooted motorola droid.

Big Cam

Reaction score
Does the keyboard support multitouching of buttons?

That's my main gripe with this, you can't hold down the Y button to run fast and then press B to jump, it won't accept your B button input if you are holding down Y.

Big Lou

Reaction score
It accepts it fine for me. In fact, I can run diagonal (2 buttons for up and left) all while running AND jumping.

neoj2

Reaction score
yeah i tried renaming it but it wont load. its just says the last time i played it on my comp. oh im trying to play using the save file from comp to my droid. wont show the picture either. damn i thought this would work. :blink:

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
just beat it on the Droid, after playing on/off for a few weeks

just thought i'd share :)

the hardest part... running+jumping but it is possible with the hardware keyboard

Bcolema61

Reaction score
I can run it on my droid, but it's very choppy and laggy. Even with the C Core enabled. Any ideas on how to smooth it out? Thanks :)

td854

Reaction score
I can run it on my droid, but it's very choppy and laggy. Even with the C Core enabled. Any ideas on how to smooth it out? Thanks :)

Anyone have an answer? does overclocking help? 800mhz? 900? etc? Just wondering cause it's the only reason I'd have to root my phone and buy setCPU. I think someone had said at 1.1Ghz it barely plays at all but I was told that around 900 is the highest stable speed so I thought I'd ask and see if anyone has tried.

Big Lou

Reaction score
Nah, 1200mhz is actually pretty stable. And yes, it does play much smoother at these higher speeds. Having said that, though, my buddy's G1 can play it somewhat smoothly... so perhaps its something else causing the issues.

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
overclocking helps, but as Big Lou said, it should definitely be playable at 550mhz

td854

Reaction score
Well, it's smooth without sound but once I turn sound on I get almost a constant crackle in the sound, and pretty much perma-frameskipping (SNESoid Lite). I'm not sure if this has to do with the OTA update or not considering it's been claimed it severely reduced 2D performance. I do know a few of the side scrolling shooters I played before 2.1 were perfectly smooth then after I updated they lag here and there, usually in large intervals. Guess I could try my friend's droid to see if there's a difference, but right now it's not playable for me at stock speeds.

Edit: Just to add I even get crackling on Super Mario World in SNESoid, it's every so often almost as though something is taxing the CPU in equal intervals though I'm not exactly sure what would be doing that... Didn't have any of these problems before 2.1 I know that as a fact.

Last edited: