Super low price on Amazon.com

SpaceKyd

Reaction score
So I was browsing Amazon.com today and I found that they are selling the Motorola Droid for $25.00

droid.jpg

droid2.jpg

COOL!!

R1Lover

Reaction score
I showed this to a verizon rep and asked him to match it... no go... he said of you buy it from them, then they are the ones you deal with on warranty issues and not the verizon store.

not sure if this is true or not... but he might just be blowing smoke to get me to buy from the store.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I showed this to a verizon rep and asked him to match it... no go... he said of you buy it from them, then they are the ones you deal with on warranty issues and not the verizon store.

not sure if this is true or not... but he might just be blowing smoke to get me to buy from the store.

I believe that. Same as if you bought your service from the local Best Buy -- they are who you deal with, not VZW directly.

orangepeel

Reaction score
I bought my sons Voyager off Amazon,and the Verizon store is where I took it and had it replaced under the manufacturer warranty when it broke.

taypotts

Reaction score

I believe that. Same as if you bought your service from the local Best Buy -- they are who you deal with, not VZW directly.

This is actually not true. You still can deal with a Verizon store, especially if they are a corporate store. If you buy the phone from Amazon, Best Buy Mobile, or anywhere else the fact is that you are a VERIZON customer. We have had issues at Best Buy Mobile when customers come in after the first 30 days.

Verizon has no record of where you got the phone, and to be honest it is none of their business if they ask. They do have record of when you got the phone, so that's enough for a warranty related issue.

PS: He was blowing smoke, remember they are all based on commission, so another phone out is more money in their pocket.

Last edited:

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is actually not true. You still can deal with a Verizon store, especially if they are a corporate store. If you buy the phone from Amazon, Best Buy Mobile, or anywhere else the fact is that you are a VERIZON customer. We have had issues at Best Buy Mobile when customers come in after the first 30 days.

Verizon has no record of where you got the phone, and to be honest it is none of their business if they ask. They do have record of when you got the phone, so that's enough for a warranty related issue.

Good to know. Thanks for setting me straight.