Super KO Boxing 2 => Next highend mobile game

MustangGT500

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Super KO Boxing 2

Android is on the roll, pals ! After Polarbit, Pixelbyte, Gameloft and others we now have GLU MOBILE another very experienced mobile developer on our side. They now ported the very nice boxing game "Super KO Boxing 2" to our devices. It haves nice comic like graphics and funny fighters. And the best : GLU know how to make android games right - less then 1 MB on the internal Memory and 86 megs will be downloaded to the sd card !

The normal version costs arround 4,99 $ if ya like to support the devs. But the amazing thing is : there is also a FREE add supported version of the game in the market ! We hadn´t good fighting games before so its a very nice addition. Ladies and Gentlemen : LETS GET READY TO RUUUUUUUUUUMBLEEEEEEEEEEE !

details_super-ko-boxing-2-free-1.0_012247531.jpg

[video=youtube;g0rUo9epc48]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0rUo9epc48]YouTube - Super KO Boxing 2 iPhone / iPod Touch Review (HQ)[/video]

HyPn0tiK

Reaction score
wow nice! downloading right now.

good to see these highend games comin out

edit: and thanks Mustang for keeping us updated with these great games

Last edited:

td854

Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of this genre but for such a big download I thought I'd give it a go, I wanna see how well it was ported over too since some of the other companies have just been stretching their stuff to fit the droid's screen resolution which can look kinda bad.

OP
MustangGT500

MustangGT500

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes glu has been on android but not on the highend gaming. They have other great highend games too. I hope theyll port them. Graphic style reminds me a bit on street fighter 4.

LT*

Reaction score
Just tried to DL this (3G), and it kept losing the connection. It resumed where it left off several times, but then just restarted itself at 0 on the last try. I'll try again later at home over wifi, looks like a great game.

inevittable

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion, here are the QR codes to the paid (left) and free/ad-supported (right) versions for everybody

td854

Reaction score
Just tried to DL this (3G), and it kept losing the connection. It resumed where it left off several times, but then just restarted itself at 0 on the last try. I'll try again later at home over wifi, looks like a great game.

Free version took over an hour to DL over WiFi for me.

OP
MustangGT500

MustangGT500

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
yeah the servers are really sluggish. thx for the qr codes.

segen77

Reaction score
I'm at 56Meg's DLed so far over the last hour roughly. (3g)

Edit:
It seems to have just stalled out at 58, so here's my question. If I go restart the DL should I use astro and go in and try to find the file and remove it first, or just not worry about 58Mb on a 16 Gb card?

Last edited:

ClausG76

Reaction score
Hmm it closes down allmost every time it's about to load the game after choosing the oponent

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Took a long time to download and played it just now - game seriously kicks ass. One of the best.

Riddick

Reaction score
This game is pretty bad, their other game Bonsai Blast is much better. This will satisfy the "Why can't the Droid get games like the Iphone?" crowd though. It has beautiful looking 2D graphics and is visually pleasing but the gameplay is atrocious. This genre has always been pretty weak bad this is a particularly bad representation of the genre, Punchout for the NES is a much better game(Play it on NESOID). I'm only about 4 fights into the "career" or whatever you call it so maybe it gets better but so far this game fails hard in the gameplay department.

The first three fights I won just by hitting one button over and over and the forth fight the guy cheats and has some stupid pattern you have to expose in-order to beat him. This is the same gameplay that Punchout uses but in Punchout the opponents' attacks are much more interesting and the gameplay isn't so cheesy.

You do have to give them credit though for offering a full featured free version.

Last edited:
K

killabyte

I'm at 56Meg's DLed so far over the last hour roughly. (3g)

Edit:
It seems to have just stalled out at 58, so here's my question. If I go restart the DL should I use astro and go in and try to find the file and remove it first, or just not worry about 58Mb on a 16 Gb card?

You don't have to delete it unless you want. Depends on the drive/device manufacturer and file system but rough estimate - 1024MB = 1GB

les017

Reaction score
Downloaded just fine for me and actually looked and played pretty cool, but both times I installed my phone started acting funny with FC on apps that have never had issues before. Sadly I didn't find the game compelling enough to troubleshoot the issue.