Super Glue, you are amazing!

bridizzle

Reaction score
For those of you who would like to have a car dock but don't want to pay a rediculous price. Here's what I did. I grabbed my cardock for the OG droid removed the snap case for the car dock. I had an extra otterbox case laying around. So I just superglued the back piece to it and it works perfectly! Cost me free ninety free. ResizedImage951330307468062.jpgResizedImage951330307486746.jpgResizedImage951330307452561.jpg

Reaction score
Ingenious but what if one does not have a spare case or old car dock? The dock is going for near $25 in some places which is not much. I got mine for free plus a desktop dock free too in a d3 promotion from newegg that is still going on.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

OP
B

bridizzle

Reaction score
Ingenious but what if one does not have a spare case or old car dock? The dock is going for near $25 in some places which is not much. I got mine for free plus a desktop dock free too in a d3 promotion from newegg that is still going on.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Well then i guess you would have to fork out the money. I just figured what the hay. The dock was just collecting dust and I probably would of got maybe ten bucks for it on craigslist so I just modded it instead. I also moddedmy charging dock for the droid 1 so now I can charge my droid three plus hook up the hdmi to my tv. I used jb weld and a dremel for that

tuffD1

Reaction score
The custom dock also serves another purpose... DASH-CAM! :)

Sent from my MavRom D³

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Great idea, I just hope it holds up in the summer time heat for ya :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

Deadlykris

Reaction score
When I got my Droid 3 from Wirefly, they included a desk dock and a car dock. However this is a great idea for those who need it!