Sup y'all

iMpathetic

Reaction score
New member checking in here... Just picked up my droid but am not allowed to activate it till Saturday when my birthday is. Oh well. :)

Quick questions:

-- This thing is heavy. Do you get used to it?
-- Is it a good idea to root/OC the phone right out of the box?

Thanks!

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Welcome, yes you do get used to it...

Question is why do you feel the need to Root?

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the droidforums man....you can root anytime you want, but I would suggest just waiting on your 2.1 update first since by the time you activate the phone, it will be about time for Verizon to push out the update...then hack the sh*t outta that thing!

OP
iMpathetic

iMpathetic

Reaction score

I don't really know... What drew me to the Droid was a) Verizon and b) being able to hack it. For the lulz, I guess?

Welcome to the droidforums man....you can root anytime you want, but I would suggest just waiting on your 2.1 update first since by the time you activate the phone, it will be about time for Verizon to push out the update...then hack the sh*t outta that thing!

Awesome! :D Thanks. ARRGH IT IS SITTING HERE ON MY DESK AND IT IS USELESS FOR SEVERAL DAYS :mad:

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

I don't really know... What drew me to the Droid was a) Verizon and b) being able to hack it. For the lulz, I guess?

Awesome! :D Thanks. ARRGH IT IS SITTING HERE ON MY DESK AND IT IS USELESS FOR SEVERAL DAYS :mad:

Man, that has to be torture. The waiting I mean. Welcome. iMpathetic!

OP
iMpathetic

iMpathetic

Reaction score
Man, that has to be torture. The waiting I mean. Welcome. iMpathetic!

You have no idea... It would honestly be better to not have the physical phone right now... :( Oh well. I'm pretty damn thankful that my 15 year old self is upgrading from this:

motorola-w315-cricket_pdi.gif

to this:

motorola-droid-bgr3-550x366.jpg

for my 16th in a few days!