1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

sup all, new and noobish

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by Mr. No Prints, Sep 12, 2010.

1. Mr. No Prints

Mr. No Prints New Member

Hey all, New to the droid, bought an Eris from Ebay to test out first and plan on waiting till Nov to get a new droid (Nov = new droid release for verizon, supposedly) if nothing good comes out than i'll be grabbing the Droid X unless convienced that another Droid from verizon is better.

So once again hey all new to droid and noobish to most of the things talked about here, but i'll learn. Now off to the boards to ask some questions, lol.
  2. Abe21599

Abe21599 Super Moderator

:welcome:

go ahead and ask away, but if it seems like a common issue others have, it doesnt hurt using the search option :)
  3. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

Welcome! Good to have you with us. Check out the HTC Eris section in the Forum.

Mike
  4. Mr. No Prints

Mr. No Prints New Member

Yup, checking out the Eris and Contacts sections along with a few others. Basicly heres the just of my issue - My number is blocked or restricted (and that may be the problem) all of my contacts sync'd with Google easy enough, however on my phone this is how it displays

John Dow
    *826267774849 assume thats the cell
    3105559999 fax number
    *823104444646 house number
    6267774849 I list this as pager number (notice same number as 1st cell phone) for texting

thats all fine but when you scroll down for SMS's every single number appears for me to be able to text to when all I want shown under messages is the pager number. Makes it hard to fast texting. When I go to edit it just shows what I have typed in and doesn't allow for a single SMS number that I select from what i've been able to see. just looking for more contact control maybe or...

Question # 2

Is there a way to stop the sms/email display from appearing on your phone and lock screen (refering to the 4 words that show just notify who and the just of the text.

Any help would be great.
  5. Abe21599

Abe21599 Super Moderator

i know handcent (3rd party texting app, better than stock IMO) will display only mobile numbers if you want it to

handcent will also allow a privacy mode that wont show the text in the notif. bar. not sure about email though
  6. Mr. No Prints

Mr. No Prints New Member

btw thanks for the welcome guys. I'll check out handcent also thanks
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2010
  7. DF Smod

DF Smod New Member

:welcome: to the Forum :)