Sunday Evening Chat: M edition

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Memorial+Day42.jpg

First, thanks to all who have served to make this nation free. Because of the sacrifices of the brave men and women who serve I am able to live in a land of freedom and voice my opinions without fear of being arrested. Day in and day out our troops answer the call regardless who the Commander in Chief is or their opinions on the matter. Regardless how one may feel about the CiC calling the shots, respect and honor should remain for those who sacrifice family, life, and limbs for our great nation. So thank you again for all who served. And on this memorial day weekend take the time to say a prayer or give a moment of silence to those who have fallen in defense of our nation.

(silence)

We are four days from Google I/O where we are looking forward to what Google has planned for us. Here are some of what we expect from I/O.

• Android M which is rumored to include a fingerprint reader
  • Google will announce a cut off for device support (I am waiting to see if this is legit before I rant)
  • Expand their wearable line of devices
Opinions about Android M fingerprint reader can be found here, but I am hoping that Google will not begin adopting the approach of OEMs and abandoning device support after 2 years. Though I would like Google to support a device forever I realize that is not possible, but I think 4 years should be the minimum as far as how long they will support a device.

With Google looking to add more features as well as concentrate on their enterprise software, I am not surprised that Google will adopt a fingerprint reader. I look forward to seeing how they will integrate it into their software.

Android Wear was the talk of last year and at the one year mark we are starting to see a slow adoption of the devices. With the price of first year devices being more affordable we are seeing people, who normally would pass, give it a try. Now we look to see how deep Google will look to go into wearable. Will Google look at athletic wear, eye wear, or possibly even head gear (ie helmets)?

Summer is here and we are looking forward to some Google Milkshake (if that is what they will call M) to cool us down. Nexus users are hoping to get our hands on some M developer builds while we wait for the latest and greatest. I just hope Google fix all the issues that have plagued lollipop without introducing a lot of new issues.

What are the things you have heard about M?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Happy Memorial Day everyone!

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
My nephew who is a wounded veteran from the Iraq war said recently, "Don't thank me for my service on Memorial Day, it's not for me. I gave a few years and some blood in the service of my country. Memorial Day is for those who gave their all, their life, in the service of their country."
General George Patton said, " It's foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived."
Thank you to all who gave their all in the service of this great country, and thank you to the families that supported and sustained them and then sadly were left behind.
I hope all have a great and reverent Memorial Day.

Last edited: