Sunday evening Chat: June 8

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Good evening (or morning for those who read this Monday morning) fellow forum members. This past week has been full of revelations and treats and just in case you missed it I am here to give a quick run down.

1) 4.4.3:
Moto_X_443_TMo.jpg
Finally we got the much needed update that we thought would arrive a month ago. I am sure they had their reasons for waiting to release the update but all that matters is that it is here. In case you missed it the recent update was mainly a maintenance release to fix the battery drain in 4.4.2 as a result of the mm-qcamera-daemon bug that effected phones running the qualcomm chip. They also added a few cosmetic changes (ie dailer app). Further details of 4.4.3 was covered here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/android-news/268991-android-4-4-3-factory-image-out-nexus-models-ota-rolling-2013-nexus-7-wifi.html .
Those of you who are on the new 4.4.3 what are your thoughts?

2) Moto 360 and LG G watch:
android-wear-dos.png

We are getting closer and closer to the official release of the Motorola 360 and the Lg G watch as we are seeing more and more appearances of the devices in public. The moto 360 and LG G watch will be the first smart watch to release to the public with the software that Google envisioned. Between the Lg G watch system dump (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/an...ls-snapdragon-400-google-now-images-more.html) and the moto 360 making a public appearance (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/android-news/269202-moto-360-makes-teaser-appearance.html) we are getting more of an idea what to expect when it is revealed possibly in a few weeks at Google I/O.
So are you going to buy the G watch, Moto 360, or wait and see where the market goes with the smart watch before buying?

3) Favorite apps and games:
When you first boot up your (new) device for the first time what are the first 5 apps you download?

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
1. My Moto X is rooted, and it's a non developer phone, so.....I'm afraid to do anything with it at the moment. I'm pretty happy running 4.4.

2. I wanted a Moto 360 the day I saw it. It just made sense to me. Square watches are so Casio 1980's. :)

3. Evernote, Pocket Reader, Firefox, Beautiful Widgets and Poweramp.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I like the look of the Moto. I like the price of the LG. I am definitely buying the G3. Makes sense to go with the LG.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
1) Hope we get it for the RZR HD. My battery is awful now.
2) No interest in watches.
3) Alarm Clock Plus, HD Widgets, Media Monkey, Yahoo Sports, Ingress

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
I thought the 4.4.2 Update fixed the issue where the 4G LTE symbol displays while the device is on WiFi? The above screenshot still shows this to be the case, so does this mean this Moto X is still on 4.4 when it got the request to update?

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
2) I will be buying a Moto360. Love the look and the functionality. I was never into square watches. Too geeky looking...............