Sunday Evening Chat: Fitness Edition

Discussion in 'Android News' started by pc747, May 4, 2014.

1. pc747

pc747 Administrator
    Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +5,828
    [​IMG]
    We are all either fit, trying to get fit, or just do not give a care. For those of us in the first two categories we get bombarded with so much information from Paleo, Crossfit, Weight training, running, complex carb.... (you even have come information that contradicts each other) that it sometimes can get confusing. I have been grateful to stumble upon some awesome information from people on here I would have never expected to be fitness gurus. I will not call out any names as I do not want to put them on the spot but there are some people on here who could create a site or a youtube channel that I would not only subscribe to but recommend to any and every one I know trying to get fit. Because of that I am opening this up to you to provide your tips about everything from working out, to running, dieting, and/or great fitness apps.

[​IMG]

2. add119

add119 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +32
    Current Phone Model:
    To many look at my signature.
    Hey I done 9 days of running,jogging and biking did 92 miles.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

3. danDroid

danDroid Administrator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +297
    I've been really working hard to get in shape over the past 6 months or so... I got the gym routine down, now I just need to work on my eating habits now. :)

4. add119

add119 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +32
    Current Phone Model:
    Dan it hard to eat right. I don't do that but i play plenty of sports.

5. AECRADIO

AECRADIO Active Member

Ratings:
    +25
    Current Phone Model:
    1.Moto-G, Droid-X, 3.Droid 2
    Twitter:
    @AECRADIO
    Why do all the crazy TV show fitness stunts, when we all have the great outdoors to take full advantage of, and best of all....it's FREE!
    Walk, run, take up geocaching and get real workouts!
    We live right in the shadow of the Mogollon Rim, and spent today hiking the area. Over the dirt trails, splashing in the streams, and it was a grand afternoon for the dogs as well!
    I think we hiked about 5 miles, but the terrain was hilly, rocky and the average elevation was 5,300 feet.

We'll take THAT type of fitness workout before paying to use a gym, than you very much!
    View attachment 70839
    View attachment 70840
    Never leave the dogs home, when they can run free and work off that late night snack!

6. LoneWolfArcher

LoneWolfArcher Silver Member

Ratings:
    +618
    For me the most important thing is nutrition, nutrition, and nutrition! As Americans we've become obsessed with dieting and what not to take in. Really we should be more focused on making sure we are getting good nutrition. Potato chips aren't so bad as part of an already healthy, nutritious diet, but when that becomes a replacement for vegetables now you have problems. Here are some things I try to do, and not worry so much about what I shouldn't eat:

- More vegetables and fruits
    - Take in as many whole food as possible
    - Try to avoid fried foods

I know that last one gets us back to the "what not to eat category" but really it isn't so much about not eating certain things, as much as it is about the form you eat it. For instance, have a baked potato or mashed potatoes as oppsed to french fries or potato chips. See, you are still eating potatoes but in a different form!

Same with your meats (and you should be eating plenty of whole, unprocessed, lean meats!). Instead of fried chicken or fried chicken fingers, try grilled chicken, or broiled chicken. Most grocery stores sells whole rotisserie chicken fairly inexpensively. Better yet get raw whole chickens and learn to broil, grill, rotisserie, or bake them yourself! One note: lunch meat, hot dogs, sausages aren't unprocessed or lean! Not that you can't eat them but try getting more unprocessed meats into your diet.

Nutrition isn't that hard with a little research and effort!

7. LoneWolfArcher

LoneWolfArcher Silver Member

Ratings:
    +618
    Great point! In the fall and winter I do a lot of hunting. On a typical hunting day I'll walk upwards of 5-6 miles. Plus climbing into stands, dragging out game, etc. Its a workout. Unfortunately my outdoor activities become more machine based after hunting season (ATVs, trail mowing, planting food plots, etc). So I don't get as much exercise. So I need to supplement with a workout regimen.

8. jspradling7

jspradling7 Active Member

Ratings:
    +214
    My wife says that the hardest work I do all day is at the dinner table. : )

9. add119

add119 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +32
    Current Phone Model:
    Well I don't eat fried food much and nutrition isn't always healthy . it can't get you sick if you don't eat protein, iron,potassium, vitamin a,b,c and some carbs.

10. add119

add119 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +32
    Current Phone Model:
    Anyone here use Nike+ running app?

Search tags for this page

fitness